2013 What Oracle Deck Are You Using?

Celtictarot

You can also try Wisdom of the Avalon or the Enchanted Map oracle have both got good reports from people on here, and if you buy one of the 3 listed Colette Baron - Reid decks, you can purchase the other two as they can be bought cheap if you know where to look.

Kathy123

Thanks for the advise, which one is your favourite Collette Baron Reid? And I've always purchased all my decks off of amazon. Is there a better place to buy them?

Penthasilia

Magdalene oracle- which I just found and absolutely love! :heart:

:)

2dogs

Wisdom Of The Hidden Realms is beautifully illustrated, it's all been done by a single artist whereas Earth Magic uses cropped portions of different people's paintings. However, I have found Earth Magic much easier to read so far, the images based on the natural world give me many more ideas than the "people" in Wisdom and fit together better to form an interpretation. The author appears to have been careful in his selection of images rather than just throwing together what he could get hold of and there plenty of details to work with. I'm going to persist with Wisdom though; I'm learning more from a particularly good reading with it that has just been done for me. As the two decks look visually similar with the arched design I'm also going to do some readings using both of them together - draw one card from each for every position and see how they interact.

Miss Divine

I started using Wisdom of Avalon again. I gifted my first copy to someone, and repurchased a while back. This copy has the revised marker cards. What I especially like about this deck is that they are so easy and clear to read. I hate having to use reversals (like with her other 2 decks). If I draw a marker card, I will draw another card with it. Always accurate for me.

Celtictarot

Thanks for the advise, which one is your favourite Collette Baron Reid? And I've always purchased all my decks off of amazon. Is there a better place to buy them?

Wisdom of the Avalon seems to be the best deck from what I have heard, and if you purchase from Amazon, you can help this site by purchasing it through the "Support ATF" tab and going to Amazon via there. Thats what I am doing for my decks if I can from now on,

Kathy123

Wisdom Of The Hidden Realms is beautifully illustrated, it's all been done by a single artist whereas Earth Magic uses cropped portions of different people's paintings. However, I have found Earth Magic much easier to read so far, the images based on the natural world give me many more ideas than the "people" in Wisdom and fit together better to form an interpretation. The author appears to have been careful in his selection of images rather than just throwing together what he could get hold of and there plenty of details to work with. I'm going to persist with Wisdom though; I'm learning more from a particularly good reading with it that has just been done for me. As the two decks look visually similar with the arched design I'm also going to do some readings using both of them together - draw one card from each for every position and see how they interact.

Thank you so very much for your nice comparison of the two decks.... I appreciate the time you gave, and your wisdom!!

missy

I last used the Tea Leaf Fortune cards to make a new yearly spread.

Then my younger cat ran over my tabletop several times and the little card piles got rearranged. :laugh: :bugeyed:

I THINK the next three months are right, but the rest I highly doubt, so it looks like I need to start over. :p

missy

Oh ... And I ADORE Oracle of the Dragonfae, and the Victorian Flower Oracle. I use both of those regularly. :love: