Lenormand or Kipper

shadowdancer

I see that Ciro has created another beautiful deck - based on the Kipper cards / system.

I have zero knowledge of it, but I am guessing there will be comparisons between those and Lenormand, although I understand they are very different.

My question is this:

For those who are knowledgeable with both systems, what are the main similarities and differences?

What are the strengths / weaknesses of both systems?

And finally...

Which do you feel you prefer using as the main reading system?

I am genuinely curious

Davina

danieljuk

I have only one Kipper deck, the Mystical Kipper but planning on buying Ciro's new one. I personally find it gives me better readings than Lenormand. I like the different cards and art for that deck. You can use the Kipper in the same way as Lenormand, you can combine and do Grand Tableau's! But I only use it for smaller readings. I like to actually use Lenormand and Kipper for 9 cards or less! I prefer tarot for larger spreads but that's just me.

The major difference in Kipper is there is many people cards, so you can get people in your readings and / or see the sitter. I have had some quite good feedback on my Kipper readings so far but it's very abstract (a bit like lenormand as well actually). It will be interesting for me to use another deck as well as my mystical kipper! (btw combining both is so amazing in readings! :) )

reall

I have only one Kipper deck, the Mystical Kipper but planning on buying Ciro's new one. I personally find it gives me better readings than Lenormand. I like the different cards and art for that deck. You can use the Kipper in the same way as Lenormand, you can combine and do Grand Tableau's! But I only use it for smaller readings. I like to actually use Lenormand and Kipper for 9 cards or less! I prefer tarot for larger spreads but that's just me.

The major difference in Kipper is there is many people cards, so you can get people in your readings and / or see the sitter. I have had some quite good feedback on my Kipper readings so far but it's very abstract (a bit like lenormand as well actually). It will be interesting for me to use another deck as well as my mystical kipper! (btw combining both is so amazing in readings! :) )

same here!:)) like extra people cards!:))) thats good when you have more person concerned in reading!:)) looking forward to see how it will work in combination with other decks?:)) imo kipper is more similar to gypsy cards as there is no playing card insertions as Lenormand have!:))

MissNine

I would say not to compare them. Kipper reads more like an oracle soap opera. I have both the original and mystical kipper. I prefer the original deck, as Malkiel has a lot of English tutorial videos on the original deck on his you tube channel.

MissChiff

There is a lady on YouTube that has done a couple of videos... Her channel name is....the truth in story... I like her. She explains it very well. I forgot to say that she is talking about Kipper cards....

canid

I ordered Ciro's Kipper; the personalized special edition one. I've been playing with the Mystic Kipper, was lucky enough to get one in English. Plus I've watched Malkiel's videos and also 'the other lady' on youtube. It's really a very simple system that I was over-thinking. It's both a plus and minus if you know tarot; I was unconsciously trying to attribute tarot meanings, which you CAN do, to a certain degree, and Kipper cards are very similar to Lenormond but they're read differently. Pretty cool, actually. IF you don't over-think it. I was making it way harder for myself. For instance, I never use a significator with tarot, to me that's removing a card that may be pertinent to the reading. With Kipper, you pretty much have to; they're read by the position and proximity to the 'significator', or the Master Card of the querant, be it yourself or someone else. I can't wait to hold Ciro's in my hands! And the bag, and the interactive thingy...

ETA: I should have said I can't wait to hold Ciro's DECK in my hands...

tarotlova

OMG I just ordered the personalized one too! This will be the third deck that I have of his, I really like his art work. :) I can't wait till I get it! :) Yes the interactive thingy is different I don't think this has been done before with any other deck has it, the bag is gorgeous! It should be very good quality as the box that came with his Lenormand is, I usually buy new ones when I purchase a deck but I didn't have to with this deck.

Le Fanu

How much are people paying with shipping for the Kipper?

tarotlova

All up for me was $112.78, but I am in Australia shipping was $18.00. :)