Daily draws - How many cards?

SpiritedNorth

I just started to do a daily draw with "The Faeries´Oracle" and was thinking about how others go about this. Do you draw one or two cards? Do you perhaps do a spread each day? Do you use more than one deck the same day?

Since I´m new at this I just went ahead and did what I felt right just to get started. Two cards seemed good to me and I kind of like the way they seem to interact with each other and tell me what to keep in mind for the day.

I hope you don´t mind my newbie questions. ;)

Padma

I don't think there are any rules about how many cards, but I know for myself, one is enough to give me something to think about all day...with oracle cards anyways. I draw one tarot card, 3 Lenormand cards, and 1 oracle card.

If you find two works for you, that's great! :) I liked your reasoning for two cards, it makes sense!

PS you should ask questions. That is what the forum is for! :love:

Glass Owl

Lately for daily (or weekly) draws I'll pull one card from a couple of decks. It can be interesting to look for parallels or themes among the various cards.

In the case of oracle decks, some of the more meditative or affirmative ones work really well as one card daily draws.

SpiritedNorth

Thank you very much for your answers. :)
I felt intrigued to draw 1 tarot card and 1 oracle card to try it out. Will do that as soon as my new decks arrive. I also got myself a tarot journal today. :)

Padma

Glad it helped :) sounds like you are excited about experimenting with your cards, that is great! Have fun with them! :love: