The Answer Deck...anyone have it???

bakerstmuse

I just got this deck earlier this week. I really love the straight-forwardness of it and the boldness of the images and color. And it's definitely a bargain! I have been doing daily 3-card draws for my boyfriend with it, but I don't think it was very accurate. I had to laugh because the first cards I drew for him were Sexual Attraction and Fair/Gray Haired Woman! (Or at least I hope it's not accurate, I'm brunette!)

But tonight I did a 9 card spread with the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight. I decided to lay down a corresponding Answer Deck card for each position and it was pretty amazing!

For example, for Tower I got the Destruction card, 10 of Cups - Peace, King of Swords - The Master (both cards only showed the man's back), the Magician - Power. The other weird thing is that the Sweet Twilight tarot has a really un-traditional 3 of Pentacles, and I couldn't tell if it was a girl looking into a mirror, or if it's two different girls. But the Answer Deck card I pulled for that one was Truth, which had a picture of a mirror on it!

So I might just scrap the daily readings with this deck and use it only to help clarify spreads, it seems to be quite accurate in that regard.

strings of life

I still use this deck regularly, more for fun. I just love ths artwork; I bought a other copy and hung 40 of the cards up on a wall at work!

Sure, when you get the Grey Haired Man, you have to think outside of the box, but it's quirky and different.

IheartTarot

bakerstmuse said:
So I might just scrap the daily readings with this deck and use it only to help clarify spreads, it seems to be quite accurate in that regard.

I found this too, if it does not add detail to the Tarot card then it basically echoes the Tarot card or the spread position.

Bumpy_Boo

I realise this thread is a little old, as are all the Answer Deck threads, but I am in love with this deck. To be honest, I have always leaned more toward oracle decks than tarot, and I find it to be a perfect blend of both. I have also noted that the cards work well in both tarot and oracle spreads - and they are great for intuitive reading! :)

Astraea Aurora

Sure, when you get the Grey Haired Man, you have to think outside of the box, but it's quirky and different.

I always thought so too. Some cards are more challenging than others in how they apply to our lives. Then I met my current partner. He's in his early 30s and almost completely grey-haired by now. That's when my take of that card changed. :)

Astraea Aurora :grin: