Druid Animal Oracle Deck

Little Baron

Picked it up this afternoon. I need a deck to do mky reading for Keigh and I also think it will be a nice compliment to the Druidcraft. However, I would be interested in how you use them together as well.

LB

Loewenzahnhexe

Hello,

I use both together since two years. There are much ways to use it:

- you can take the animals for:
the feeling that is behind the Druid-Card
the guidance to the Druid-Card
the advice
the lessons to learn

- you can either take for each Position in your spread one Druid-Card and one Animal-Card, or you take just the Druid-Cards for the spread and took one animal card for guidance, one for advice. Or make: whitch force is with me.

A verry good way to use it are the spreads from Jeanne Ruland Book (Did not know, what ist calld in English, in German it is: "Das große Buch der Legemethoden"). There are fantastic spreads in it and all are so designed, that you will be able to use different Decks in it. In each spreads are:
- Basic Cards and "allgemeine - sorry, didnt know the word in english - Cards" (for example your Druid-Craft)
and
- "Master-Cards", "Guide-Cards" and "Joker-Cards" (for example your Druid-Animal-Cards.

The book is available in english to, and it is a verry good book with many spreads for each Opportunity, there are spreads for Karma, inner Child, Chakra, Choice-making, love, job...and so on.

I hope, you can understand my horrible english...

Marlo

I'm so disappointed that the french version of this oracle didn't correctly translate some cards...

The Wren is translated into Roitelet, which is Kinglet in english,
The Sow, which should be the Wild Sow, is translated into Truie instead of Laie.

Such mistakes make me wonder if the description of the cards are also correct in french. I think of buying the english version to find out.

decan

I am a fan of the artworks of Will Worthington in the DruidCraft Tarot deck, and maybe as well that celtic environments stimulate my imagination, I don't know exactly. So I let myself be tempted by The Druid Animal Oracle. It seems a gorgeous deck!

However it is too large, it's probably the only problem I see with this deck (for me), but I have the solution: I have planned to trim it!
I read the post above and I realize it was a good idea to order the english version! :)

decan

Just a little feedback on this thread because I received my Oracle deck today.
It is as beautiful I had imagined of course but not as large as I imagined.
On Youtube some videos gave me the impression that it is larger than it is actually. It is a bit larger than the DruidCraft Tarot deck (no trimmed), but not too much!
I like it like this, so I will not trim it, or maybe just the white outer border, but it is not sure :)

AJ

this was my very first 'tarot' deck decan, ordered used off Ebay, and before I knew there was a difference between oracle and tarot.

I'll never let it go!

decan

this was my very first 'tarot' deck decan, ordered used off Ebay, and before I knew there was a difference between oracle and tarot.

I'll never let it go!
I agree, Druid Animal Oracle is indeed an inspiring deck! :)

Concerning the borders, the outer white and also the one with a beautiful pattern, well, finally I trimmed both!
I tried first to trim only the outer white border because the second one is really very nice, but as well a bit over-ornate.

Without the two borders the deck seems more "open" (in a way I think that the over-ornate border "close" the picture).
But it was a difficult choice because this border is as well beautiful, nevertheless I am happy with no borders at all.
About to shuffle the cards it’s really better like this, trimmed! :)