New: Animal Dreaming Oracle by Scott Alexander King.

Bat Chicken

Now I really want this deck..... :bugeyed:

geministar

Hi Elven,

Its been ages since Ive spoken to you, HI! :D

I just looked at this deck, it is so great. Its so great to see an Australian oracle and this is one that I actually like and will add to my wishlist!

I love the cards and I love australian wildlife, especially the birds. I saw a grey kangaroo in my street only a couple weeks ago and I was so blown away by it, I had never seen one before so close unless I'd gone to wildlife parks!

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I like this deck and thanks for sharing the info on it and thanks too for posting your reply from Scott Alexander King.

Little Hare

I bought this deck today and WOW it looks ten times better then on the website! It really is amazing and the title animal dreaming is spot on! I'm looking forward to working with it

Little Hare

I just wanted to let people know that this deck is amazing and spot on! Its definatly going to be a favourite of mine.

My only complaint is i'd love to see more cards! 45 cards for australian animals is simply not enough, although i do realise that you can't make everyone happy or include all animals, but i'd have love to have seen some parrots such as: King parrot, Rainbow lorriket or fish.

Also i'd love to see a deck with stories of the animals from the different Indigenous clans.

But enough about that... just thought i'd let you know that yesterday i was outside bonding with my cards when some kookaburras started to laugh :D

To hear what they sound like go to: http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npws.nsf/Content/The+laughing+kookaburra
Scroll down and click on the link under family life

Elven

WoW!! What a great response everyone!!

Hi room :D
room said:
I liked Scott's take on those gorgeous symbols in the upper right of the cards. I honestly think they would make a great deck on their own. That's the way I'd prefer the cards myself, but with all the other information too.

I don't think I've ever seen a deck creator do something like that. I thinks it's a fabulous idea, and you could use them together too.

Arent they amazing, and I agree!
In the reading section, they are the Symbol I focuson for the intuitive prompts which are not necessarily part of the written interpretations ... bbut they are working so well!! Im impressed with the 'emotional' response I get from them, and then put that into words ... cool!! :p

Hu Jewel :D
Jewel said:
Elven thank you so much for all of the information, and thanks to Scott for imparting his insights as the deck creator. One of the things I love about AT is that we can usually get deck creators to come talk to us and share with us. We are lucky that way!

We are very blessed to have Scott Alexander King reply to us I totally agree - Scott if your out there - thankyou!!

Hi geministar!! Good to hear from you!!
geministar said:
I love the cards and I love australian wildlife, especially the birds. I saw a grey kangaroo in my street only a couple weeks ago and I was so blown away by it, I had never seen one before so close unless I'd gone to wildlife parks!

How amazing!! Do you have parkland or natural setting about where you are?
When I lived in Sanctuary Point, Kangeroo's more common than pets :D and I would go to put some washing on the line and find the backyard full of lazy roo's sunning themselves and keeping the grass down :D ... then Id look for the big males, cause they used to be so interested in the washing basket!! LOL!!

Lovely to hear you have been blesed with their presence - they relate to Abundance.

I also wondered though if they had been disturbed from their environment? Motorbikes or development ... maybe they were looking for water ... is it pretty dry where you are?

Hi peace_pixie :D
peace_pixie said:
bought this deck today and WOW it looks ten times better then on the website! It really is amazing and the title animal dreaming is spot on! I'm looking forward to working with it.

I just wanted to let people know that this deck is amazing and spot on! Its definatly going to be a favourite of mine.

My only complaint is i'd love to see more cards! 45 cards for australian animals is simply not enough, although i do realise that you can't make everyone happy or include all animals, but i'd have love to have seen some parrots such as: King parrot, Rainbow lorriket or fish.

Also i'd love to see a deck with stories of the animals from the different Indigenous clans.

But enough about that... just thought i'd let you know that yesterday i was outside bonding with my cards when some kookaburras started to laugh :p

Mwaha!! :p Yes they are beautiful cards - I love the backgrounds and the way the animals are depicted.
Yes!! more cards would be great! But Scott has written a book which contains I think (from memory) 350+ Australian Animals ... maybe it would be an idea to use a book like that for Bibliomancy readings? Sound like another reading thread coming up :p

The kookaburras laughing made me laugh :p ... they must been down the Mountain a bit more where you are - they ahve been few and far between up here lately, but the Cockatoos!! Now they make me laugh too! They are so wonderful! I have a picture of about 20 of them having a bath on the 2nd tier of Katoomba Falls - (each shuffling for the best spot :p)

Thanks for posting peace_pixie :D

Blessings Elven x

Elven

Just to let you know, if your interesting in seeing how the cards read, and would like a reading - here is a link to the Animal Dreaming Reading Thread :p

Animal Dreaming Readings

Blessings Elven x

BodhiSeed

Elven said:
But Scott has written a book which contains I think (from memory) 350+ Australian Animals ... maybe it would be an idea to use a book like that for Bibliomancy readings?

Has anyone had a chance to look through this book? Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available in the U.S. I think it is called "Animal Messengers."

Bodhran

Darla

OMG, I really want this deck! Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention, Elven! :) I was actually surprised how cheap the deck including the shipping to Europe is, I expected a much larger sum.

Now what I want to do is pack my suitcase and fly over to Australia to see these magnificent animals for myself. :D A shame that it's so far from Germany! ;)

Elven

Thanks Bodhran!! :D
Bodhran said:
Has anyone had a chance to look through this book? Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available in the U.S. I think it is called "Animal Messengers."

Yes, Scotts Book is called .. Animal Messanger, and it is Published by New Holland.

I have taken this short description from his website ... but there is more information on the book in the write-up ....here: Animal Dreaming Books & CD site
The Book retails at $29.95 + $5.00 shipping in Australia ... and our rates of conversion are pretty good for overseas ...

ScottAlexanderKing said:
"Animal Messenger is a 'shamanic field guide' that lists the spiritual or medicine interpretations of over 340 of the worlds most exotic animals. Containing 400 pages of animal wisdom, Animal Messenger is the most comprehensive list of animal symbolism on the market."

This is definately something I'll get to add my collection.

Here is a conversion chart for the money rates for overseas ...
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

$35.00 AUS at the moment is about ...
US = 28.64
Brits = 14.46
Euro = 21.29
Canada = 30.75

$30.00AUS at the moment is about ...
US = 24.55
Brits = 12.40
Euro = 18.26
Canada = 26.36

Hope this helps :D

Blessings Elven x

Little Hare

bodhran said:

Bodhran

hey Bodhran :)

I've looked through the book but haven't bought it yet, this is due to some of the meanings in the book scott gives the animals conflicted with some of the meanings i've been told by Indigneous people. That being said different Aboriginal Clans here have different creation stories and meanings for the animals. It is a good book and one i want to add to my collection...