Wrong Men Spread

haleyw

My whole life, I have met and been attracted to and attracted the same type of men; weak, emotionally immature and I think, ones that are quite intimated by me. This has led to endless heartache and I need to take action to make it stop. I have created this spread and would really love to hear any thoughts/opinions/suggestions, before I do a reading with it.

Why do I keep attracting this type of man?

What is the lesson I need to learn from this?

What action can I take to stop this from happening?

How do I use this in my everyday life?

The outcome when I overcome this?

SunnyBee

That sounds like a great idea. Will try it out tonight!

haleyw

That sounds like a great idea. Will try it out tonight!

Thank you. I'm going to try it now and post it in Your Readings, so feel free to have a look. :)

Eva4

The thing with spreads like these is that I feel they aren't specific enough, because there are so many dimensions to an action. An outer action vs inner action, an external source versus internal. Sure, there is a card that comes up once in a while that is quite specific with the type of action to take, i.e., the Hermit for you to go within, or King of Wands to take action outside of yourself. Maybe instead of asking why do I keep attracting this type of man" maybe you could say: "what I am doing that opens the door for these men to keep coming in...etc." I think maybe you want to ask these questions in a way that allows you to feel more empowered and in control of the situation. Just my 2 cents.

haleyw

The thing with spreads like these is that I feel they aren't specific enough, because there are so many dimensions to an action. An outer action vs inner action, an external source versus internal. Sure, there is a card that comes up once in a while that is quite specific with the type of action to take, i.e., the Hermit for you to go within, or King of Wands to take action outside of yourself. Maybe instead of asking why do I keep attracting this type of man" maybe you could say: "what I am doing that opens the door for these men to keep coming in...etc." I think maybe you want to ask these questions in a way that allows you to feel more empowered and in control of the situation. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Eva. That makes sense. You can tell it's pretty much the first one that I've created can't you. :) When I went to do a reading with it 10 minutes ago, something stopped me. I'm going to have more of a think on it.

CosmicBeing

My whole life, I have met and been attracted to and attracted the same type of men; weak, emotionally immature and I think, ones that are quite intimated by me. This has led to endless heartache and I need to take action to make it stop. I have created this spread and would really love to hear any thoughts/opinions/suggestions, before I do a reading with it.

Why do I keep attracting this type of man?

What is the characteristic of these men/women (depending on sexuality/preference)?

What belief system do these men/women carry about relationship?

What belief system do I carry about relationships?

How does my belief & their belief about relationships align and misaligned? (2 cards)

What is the lesson I need to learn from this?

How do I use this in my everyday life?

The outcome when I overcome this?
(could interchange this question with: What will be the outcome with me being conscious of this belief system I carry?

Could add question like these... the action question I would remove because action doesn't always change things...if we carry the same belief we unconsciously start acting base on the belief whether we realize it or not.

Think challenging the belief system and going against it can change it....just it's easy to fall into an old belief system when something bad happens.

Eva4

Could add question like these... the action question I would remove because action doesn't always change things...if we carry the same belief we unconsciously start acting base on the belief whether we realize it or not.

Think challenging the belief system and going against it can change it....just it's easy to fall into an old belief system when something bad happens.

A very solid improvement to the spread, Cosmic. I like that. By the way, I need to PM you!!

CosmicBeing

A very solid improvement to the spread, Cosmic. I like that. By the way, I need to PM you!!

kk deleting messages

Be interesting to see someone use this spread...think it's a great idea after a break up or whatever

haleyw

Love this! Thanks so much CB, I'll alter it.