Well..Imma newbie...full of questions

punkangelgcm437

*Now, I know everything I'm gonna say is probably a repeat and I could find it if I spent some time looking for it. In fact, I probably will look and anwser my own questions before yall get to, but I'm going to ask them anywayz...so here I go.

Ok, I've always been interested in astrology, always been "Hmm..I like a Virgo, would me and him work well together?" type stuff...but only on a Sun Sign level...you know Scorpios+Aquarius's just tend not to work...seen it first hand.

But now I've got my chartish thing from astro.com and I totally dont understand it. So I'll post it.

Planetary positions
planet/ sign/ degree/ house/ motion
Sun/ Libra/ 13°55'41/ 09/ direct
Moon/ Aries/ 21°21'10/ 04 /direct
Mercury/ Scorpio/ 09°09'29/ 10/ direct
Venus/ Libra/ 26°06'56/ 10/ direct
Mars/ Virgo/ 29°19'01/ 09/ direct
Jupiter/ Aries/ 26°07'23/ 04/ retrograde
Saturn/ Sagittarius/ 16°26'13/ 12/ direct
Uranus/ Sagittarius/ 23°16'07/ 12/direct
Neptune/ Capricorn/ 05°20'40/ 01/ direct
Pluto/ Scorpio/ 08°52'17/ 10/ direct
True Node/ Aries/ 02°23'22/ 03/ retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Sagittarius 27°02'21
2nd House Aquarius 04°39'25
3rd House Pisces 15°42'56
Imum Coeli Aries 19°59'46
5th House Taurus 16°00'19
6th House Gemini 07°10'25
Descendant Gemini 27°02'21
8th House Leo 04°39'25
9th House Virgo 15°42'56
Medium Coeli Libra 19°59'46
11th House Scorpio 16°00'19
12th House Sagittarius 07°10'25

Major aspects
Sun Opposition Moon 7°25
Sun Sextile Saturn 2°31
Moon Opposition Venus 4°46
Moon Conjunction Jupiter 4°46
Moon Trine Saturn 4°55
Moon Trine Uranus 1°55
Moon Trine Ascendant 5°41
Mercury Sextile Neptune 3°49
Mercury Conjunction Pluto 0°17
Venus Opposition Jupiter 0°00
Venus Sextile Uranus 2°51
Venus Sextile Ascendant 0°55
Mars Square Ascendant 2°17
Jupiter Trine Uranus 2°51
Jupiter Trine Ascendant 0°55
Uranus Conjunction Ascendant 3°46
Neptune Sextile Pluto 3°32

1) What does the retrograde and direct mean??
2) what do all the houses mean?

If you can help me with any of these...I'd really really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!

isthmus nekoi

hi punkangelgcm437,

direct means the planet is moving forwards, and retrograde backwards - generally, retrograde energy is more inward moving, whilst direct is more... well, direct!

signs are the basic energies of the chart, whilst planets will channel those energies. Houses are the different areas where those energies get channelled into.

Here's a good site to get the generals of each house, and also one that'll help you get started:
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm

You may also want to check out the index thread for the study group:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=12481

There are a lot of good books and websites out there, some of which are mentioned in the introduction thread (in the index). Good luck w/studying your chart!

punkangelgcm437

Thanks

Thank you Isthmus!!

So....my Jupiter and True Node are moving backwards?? Hmm...interesting maybe??

I noticed I have 9 fires, 6 airs (my sun sign is Libra), 4 earths, and 3 waters (meaning im not good at expressing my emotions to others am I correct?)

So I'm an firey-air?? An air sign that has alot of fire in her. I think that describes me well...

That website you gave me looks awesome...Im about to dive in but I wanted to say thanks first.

Minderwiz

High PunkAngel,

I make your count 22 there which seems a little high. A good approach is to count as follows:

Sun Sign = 2
Moon Sign = 2
Mercury = 1
Venus = 1
Mars = 1
Jupiter = 1
Saturn = 1
Uranus = 1
Neptune = 1
Pluto = 1

This gives a count of 12. You might also count Ascendant and Midheaven (MC) as one each. Some Astrologers also count 1 for the Chart Ruler, Jupiter in your case and 1 for the Sun's ruler - Venus in your case. Even this only brings the total to 16 and quite a few Astrologers don't count the outer 3 because they are generational planet - repeat in all horoscopes for several years.

So a count of say 13 - 16 should do well.

Even so you are still lacking in Water, with only Mercury in Scorpio (I'm ignoring Pluto - its generational). A lack of Water may mean a distrust of feelings, both own and others and a distrust of intuition - both own and others. Its not a matter of not having feelings and emotions, or even being unable to express them - its a matter of how we react to them. The challenge is to learn to trust and accept intuition and emotion as postive and a genuine source of knowledge and understanding.

Otherwise you are as you said strongly fire/air. This suggests you are idealistic, positive and aspiring with good motives. The problem with this balance can be a lack of realism and practicality (little Earth and you only have Neptune in an Earth sign).

Now without your chart in front of me (its rather difficult to match up planets and Houses from your list without a little bit of effort LOL) - the House placements can balance this analysis - as can the aspects between planets and other principal points. So please take the above as a very rough statement - if you want more, the time of birth, date of birth, place of birth will help - then I can get the computer to do the hard stuff.

Incidentaly on average (Mean) the Nodes are always retrograde - though due to a wobble in the Moon's orbit around the Earth the True Node is sometimes direct. Again most but by no means all Astrologers tend to use the Mean Node - because it is more convenient.

Minderwiz

PunkAngel,

Keep the questions coming - we'll try and help all we can.

punkangelgcm437

OMG Minderwiz...

You are like seriously so smart. And thanks!!!

I went to astro.com and got mine.

Im female, born October 7th, 1987 @ 12:55 om in Kokomo, Indiana (Howard County)

Here's the link to what I did, and all the planets and houses are like at the very bottom....the top is full of generalized statements and such.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi...o.x=24&go.y=9&btyp=apx&nhor=1&go.x=18&go.y=11

I noticed in my houses...I have a double Gemini and a double Saggitarius...an air and a fire...and I dont have a Cancer or Capricorn in my houses....

I've noticed that i dont get along well with Caps, nor do I really understand many Cancers....could this be why??

Thanks so much,

Moongold

Ok, Sarah......

How many Fire signs can you have in a chart before you burn up???? :D :p :D

And how many questions are you allowed?

HUNDREDS :D

punkangelgcm437

LOL

Hmm....how many fires...hmm....I'll prolly be one of those people who just randomly implode (or explode, what's that called...hmm...)

Anywayz...I'll keep asking questions...I promise!!

:)

isthmus nekoi

do you mean spontaneous combustion? b/c I'm another fire/air heavy chart too so I know what you mean! :p

Being low in water (Uran in Scorp), and I almost always err on the side of thinking and rationality! I think b/c of the high fire, I'm very passionate and express this easily... someone once said I 'live by my heart' and at first I thought, what pish posh, I live by my brain! I didn't feel comfortable w/the notion of *not* living by the brain. But I think she's right, I tend to be dramatic, full of energy. Having said that, emotional expression isn't something I am comfortable w/though, esp publicly, I will refuse to cry, or become angry in front of strangers etc. I don't trust any arguments that are feeling based either, I tend to resent them actually, b/c I find them either manipulative or maudlin, although I know this is a strong bias. These are only possible expressions of a low water, high fire/air chart though.

It's interesting you say you don't understand Caps, as your 1st house Neptune is a Cap! But then again, Neptune isn't known for being easily understood lol! I'm not sure what you mean by no Cap/Cancer.... unless you mean they do not cusp (cover the beginning) of a house? In that case, yes, both Cap/Cancer are intercepted. This doesn't mean they do not affect your chart. But um... I'm not very well versed in interceptions... Minderwiz?...

p.s. Since we're talking about retrogrades, I noticed I don't have any retrograde planets (unless you count Chiron). Would this give an introvert a little boost of extroversion?

punkangelgcm437

Oh no, Its not that I dont understand Caps...I just find most of them too stubborn and they tend not to like me. Ive known a few and have had some pretty icky fights with them.

And Cancers to me are way protect of like...everything....they are so inside their shells...and Scorpios are like that too...But I somehow know how to get into a Scorpios shell but cant a Cancers...yuh know what I mean?

I dont have any water in my planets part, and I only have 2 waters in my houses...Pisces in 3rd and Scorpio in 11th. I'm running low on water too. I totally get alot of what you said...not crying in front of people. You know how hard that is to do? I think the only people who've seen me cry are my family..and they dont even get to witness it.And when I do cry in public it's because of physical hurt..like spraining my ankel...definitely not emotional hurt.

Wait...what? I can have more than one sign in a house??

Minderwiz.....help?? Please???