speaking from inexperience....

Mimers

Is is worth getting your chart done if you don't know your exact birth time? Would I still be able to get any useful information about myself?

I know where I was born, but my Mom doesn't remember the exact time. Only that it was afternoon, because my father was still at work.

Thanks,
Mimers

oceanpoetry

Mimers,
You get the best results if you have an accurate birth time, even 7-mins can make a big difference regarding the aspects of your chart. I would recommend ordering your birth certificate, your time of birth will be on there.

Mimers

Actually, I have my original birth certificate, but there is no time on it :(

Oh well. Thanks Oceanpoetry.

Baby Owl

Hi, Mimers!

Astrologers sometimes do what is called "rectifying" a chart. They do it by asking for two or three significant events from your life. These should be as unique as possible (something that not everyone experiences at a particular age). They can even use characteristics that are relatively unique to you (for example, an allergy to milk). Some astrologers will even use physical appearance to help them rectify a chart.

I would be interested to hear what other Aeclectic astrologers think about rectifying charts.

Baby Owl

Minderwiz

Hi Mimers

I think it was Stephen Arroyo who said that he could get around 80% or more of the main information, without an accurate birth time. What would be in doubt would be your Ascendant, though if your Mum can get within say 2 hours even that could be determined roughly. The other major variant would be the Moon's position, though there is a good chance you could get the sign accurately enough.

I must admit rectification is something I've not really tried in any major way. There are many different ways of doing it and they tend to give different answers. At best they give an answer that works more often than not but whether that is the 'right' answer I'm not sure.

Try us with your place of birth, date of birth, and a rough approximation - for example if it was after lunch and your Dad got home at 6 pm, then say 2 - 6 might be fair. It looks from your Mum's comment that your Dad was not on the verge of return, so 2 - 5 might be better. If lunch was some time before then it might be 3 - 5. You might not be able to pin your Mum down to a precise time, but you could probably get down to a two hour range simply by checking how close it was to events before and after, like lunch and Dad's return.

Mimers

Thanks everyone!

Minderwiz,
I do have a rough time. My Grandfather was at our house having lunch when my Mom had to leave for the Hospital. My Dad was still at work or on his way when I arrived into the world. She also says that it was close to dinner time because when my Grandpa called my house to let Grandma know what was happening, she told him she was just starting dinner. She also said my Dad got there around 6pm and she seems to think it was at least a couple of hours after I arrived. So, roughly 4pm on July 15,1966 in Mount Kisco NY.

If someone wants to use the other method there are some very significant events you could check out. On January 6, 1978, my Father passed away. I was with him when he died. This moment had a profound effect on my life. On August 5, 1985, I gave birth to my son (in the same hospital too) at 1:51pm. The most emotionally moving moment of my life.
Also, during the summer of 1994, I found the courage to finally tell my husband to leave. A very big step for me in growth.

Thanks!
Mimi

isthmus nekoi

Mimers,

I find knowing a rough time, + guessing your ASC can help, although what may be lost is accuracy in terms of house cusps. Esp if there should be a planet conj an angle like ASC or MC.

If you are not looking for prediction, but a psychological profile, as long as you get everyone in the right houses (and moon in the right sign), you should be able to get a decent interpretation.

Astraea

Mimers, often the birth time is not stated on the version of the birth certificate issued at the hospital; some states don't require a time of birth on official state copies of the birth certificate, but most do. One must contact the appropriate state agency and ask for a certified copy of the birth certificate, and specify that you want the one with the time of birth stated. Go to a website called http://vitalchek.com, which lists contact agencies for every state in the US (and many other countries, as well).

If you were born in a locale which did not attach birth times to the certificate, contact the Medical Records department at the hospital where you were born and tell them that you want a copy of the facesheet of your infancy medical chart. There will be (probably on microfiche) a record of your mother's stay, which will specify the time of your birth somewhere within those pages, and a separate chart for you, as a new entity -- your birth time is considered the "time of admission," and so stated on the facesheet of that chart. Because of privacy rules regarding medical records, you will not be able to get a copy of your mother's record (only she can do that), but you will be able to otain your personal baby record.

It's best to get the birth time from a birth certificate or birth record, even though those are often off by several minutes; mothers are usually in no condition to remember to-the-minute birth times. Rectification is a very subjective process, and I personally do not trust it (though many others do).

punkangelgcm437

Mimers...

Im borrowing a great book from the library, called "Astrology & Realtionships: Techniques For Harmonious Personal Connections" by David Pond. Its an okay book, but the back of the book is a haven.

The moon was in Gemini all day the 15th. The next transit in Cancer was 7/16/1966 at 10:44am GMT. The transit before that got you into Gemini was 7/14/1966 at 5:51am GMT.
And your Mercury was definitely in Leo.

If any of your planets beyond that are extremely close and you want me to check em for yuh with this book...I will.

Mimers

Thanks everyone! Thanks Punkangel for that information.

I went to a Chakra workshop tonight and one of the group leaders was a Astrologist. She told me I could call the hospital and for a small fee, get a copy of my birth records.

What I am curious about is how having that information can help me now, in this point in my life. Does your birth date and time have an impact on how the planets affect you now. Or do they affect everyone generally the same, except for maybe influences of your sun sign.

I don't know how this tool works at all.

Mimers