Gilded Tarot - What is your favorite card and why???

darkiscross

Hey me too. I adore the Devil. heh heh

In this deck there isn't a card I don't like. The water reflections are brillient, the skies beautiful, the animals somehow has a special connection with mother nature, and so that's three of the four elements here. It's perfectly safe to say I treat them all like my children, though all the same I'll list some cards that made my heart leap out everytime I flip them on a spread.

Nine of Cups - Something about its Hobbit-ish warmth and jovialness draws out my happiness. The inn! The wine! Probably dance and poetry too. I'd happily say Tolkein's Hobbits live on in this card if I didn't know better.

The High Priestess - If the woman in the card ever were real, she'd be the definition of Elegance.

The Lovers - Breathtaking art!

The Moon - The moon is what I consider the ultimate source of magic, and I adore wolves, so I love the two wolves symbolism in the card. My zodiac sign is Cancer. Thusly, I definitely love the inclusion of a crab in the card.

Three of Cups - Reminds me of my friends. lol

The Devil - man!! He's one major hottie! Sexiest character in the deck. Ever!

Knight of Wands - Autumny hues. Wish we had Autumns. =/

The Hanging Man

Judgement

The Fool

majah kahlana

Darn its hard to pick just a couple of favorites out of this deck. I love the entire deck. My DH swears I'm going to shuffle the black off I use them so much lol.

But I have to say that Judgement and the Ace of Cups are the 2 cards that drew to me to this deck in the first place and then when I got the entire deck I just thrilled with it. The colors are so rich and luxurious. I love the use of the animals as well and yes even the mouse on the chest of Pentacles in the 10 of Pentacles is too cute. (Hey as long as he isnt on my kitchen counter or running through the walls in the middle of the night he's cool by me =D)
A couple of my other favorites would have to be The World, The High Priestess, and The Fool because they remind me of the scene in the movie Labyrinth, after the heroine eats the magic peach and she gets transported to the Gnomes party. Everyone is dressed so beautifully and wearing these totally stunning masks. Thats the way those cards make me feel.

Mystic Leo

There has been so much already written about everyone's favourite cards in this deck, so I would just like to say ....... there all my favourites ..... love the brilliant coloring, the images and details to each card....and the feel I get from them. :cool5:

:surprise: There has been another thread on "Gilded Tarot Over-Rated" I will just say "to each his own " and leave it at that.

MissCW

There's not really a card I don't like in this set. I think its gorgeous.

I really love the Lovers card, its stunning and beautiful.

And the Devil card in this deck for me is one of my favourites. Its the only Devil card I have ever seen, which given its meaning makes you think: Yes, I can see why!!

RubyRuby

MissCW said:
There's not really a card I don't like in this set. I think its gorgeous.

I really love the Lovers card, its stunning and beautiful.

And the Devil card in this deck for me is one of my favourites. Its the only Devil card I have ever seen, which given its meaning makes you think: Yes, I can see why!!

LOL, yes, MissCW, who can resist that hunky Devil.

Disa

The Magician is the one who ultimately drew me to the deck. To me he has the wisdom and ability to carry out the delicate balancing act that's required to produce all things magical. In my opinion, he's the "hottie" of the deck.

It is so difficult to pick just one. The Lovers card is just gorgeous and does evoke feelings of passion. The Star brings me to the peaceful time of night when I can appreciate nature the most, when it's quiet. I often gaze up at the sky, admire the moon, and look to the stars with hope. I can't forget my friend The Hermit. He's the most lovable hermit I've ever seen.

tarotcardrose

Hello

Three of Cups, it is like three angels dancing in the sky. I love all the Celestial references of the Gilded. The starry nights....every deck should have stars in the sky! Don't you agree?

Ambience

Multiple cards...

My favourites and why:

Major Acana

THE STAR: amazing, just beautiful, so much passion, femininity, beauty
Temperance: I love the femininity in the card, and the passion
The lovers: The ambience of it is beautiful
Justice: The silk white goen is captivating
The empress : Speaks to the gentle side of my nature
The world: The confidence of the card
Death: It's so encouraging compared to most decks!

Minor Acana

2 of cups: There is a soulfulness about this card
king cups: romantic and beautiful card
2 swords: the dreamyness and mystery of the card
ace cups: It's just captivating!

The Hanged Man

The Devil, 'cos it's sexy, and The Lover's, 'cos it's sexy! ;)

x