Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot - What's with the eye covering ?

ana luisa

Please moderators, tell me if this is the right place for this thread...

I recently received the Nicoletta Ceccoli deck and have noticed that there are some cards where one eye is either covered or destroyed. Mainly, the left. I am not into conspiracy theories or masonry but would anyone know the meaning of the left eye in terms of symbology ? Eye of Horus ? Right brain functions ?

ana luisa

No insights ? :confused:

Padma

I don't have your deck, Ana, but I know when my mother was teaching me to draw when I was young, she drew my attention to the fact that everyone had one "hard eye" and one "soft eye", which upon observation I find true enough!

So the hard eye is often the left eye, and looks more hard and analytical, as it were. And the soft eye looks more gentle and inviting, more emotional, I suppose. So maybe the lack of one eye is referring to the softer side coming out, or else the more analytical side predominating?

Maybe this helps?

I would also say that the eyes of the creatures in the Nicolletti deck have huge eyes, so it must mean something if they are missing one. Perhaps it means on some cards, impaired judgment, inability to see the obvious, 2 dimensional, etc.

Don't know if any of that helps, just some ideas, but...I hope it does :)

ana luisa

Oh, Jesus, I just saw this reply, Padma !!! Thank you SO much for bringing the "soft X hard eye" insight !!! Of course it helps and makes A LOT of sense if you go over the cards in this deck. I wonder if it has something to do with brain lateralisation... Thank you again for the response!

I don't have your deck, Ana, but I know when my mother was teaching me to draw when I was young, she drew my attention to the fact that everyone had one "hard eye" and one "soft eye", which upon observation I find true enough!

So the hard eye is often the left eye, and looks more hard and analytical, as it were. And the soft eye looks more gentle and inviting, more emotional, I suppose. So maybe the lack of one eye is referring to the softer side coming out, or else the more analytical side predominating?

Maybe this helps?

I would also say that the eyes of the creatures in the Nicolletti deck have huge eyes, so it must mean something if they are missing one. Perhaps it means on some cards, impaired judgment, inability to see the obvious, 2 dimensional, etc.

Don't know if any of that helps, just some ideas, but...I hope it does :)

Attachments

• brain lateralization.jpg
    brain lateralization.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 409

Hemera

I have been wondering about the eye thing in this deck and I did some research on it since there are so many cards where the left eye is covered - or 'replaced' with another eye that belongs to another creature. (I'll have to make a list of those cards..)
I found this link about the symbolism of the left eye:
http://www.scienceofsoulmates.com/The_power_of_the_left_eye.htm
..our LEFT eye goes to our right brain. The left eye therefore, is literally the window to the soul and the indicator of the hidden, unmasked true self.
So, if out unmasked true self is in the left eye it becomes interesting to see how in this deck that is sometimes covered with an eye of another creature.
Maybe then that other creature *is* the true self of the girl? In the Magician card the girl is a shapeshifter and yes, her left eye is covered by that of the leopard. (Actually, it is her eye but seeing through a leopard face mask.)
In another card (4 Swords) the girl is sitting in a fish tank and her left eye is covered with a fish eye. So is she part fish?

There was another site (I'm forgetting what it was) that said the left eye is the 'Feminine Eye'. I don't remember what that was supposed to mean but it does makes sense, too, since this is a very feminine deck.

Attachments

• nicoletta-ceccoli-tarot-2.jpg
    nicoletta-ceccoli-tarot-2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 389