copy right infringement warning!

thorhammer

Maggots.

\m/ Kat

Tansey Ella

One thing I have noticed some artists do is put copyright on the actual picture. I guess photo shop can remove that but worth a shot.
Is there someone the website can be reported to?

shadowdancer

Tansey Ella I was thinking the same - I guess it is a case of knowing who you report it to. :( :(

Davina

gregory

Tansey Ella said:
One thing I have noticed some artists do is put copyright on the actual picture. I guess photo shop can remove that but worth a shot.
Is there someone the website can be reported to?
If someone puts a watermark on right, it is a BITCH to take out and it has to be done with GREAT care and takes ages. You can't just say to photoshop "kill the watermark." (Trust me - I know this; I accidentally saved one of my files with the watermark across it.... Thank GOD for the recycle bin, which suddenly occurred to me in the end - I had to rework the image some, as it was an older version I'd thrown in there, but still !)

But if this is someone scanning decks in - that won't work. Like taroteca - but this is a LOT worse. Taroteca is indeed a pain to artists, but this is something else again.

ETA I see Quantum isn't back up.... Maybe copy Chris' letter, anyone who wants their deck taken down ? (Nor is Pearls of Wisdom... - are you using a cache, Ash (OMG POETRY !!!))

ETA I can't actually get to the list of decks now..... Link ?

Hannafate

I have reported them to their security provider. They apparently own their own server, but I can at least get their anonymity taken away.

Then, we can have at them!

Hannafate

Hah! I just got an admission from them that they don't actually have the files!

Here's the exchange I have been having with the site:
--------------------------------
ME: Remove these files from your service, they are copyrighted, and not available for digital sale. If you would like to buy the digital rights, contact Unseen Gallery through our website, www.unseengallery.com

Wonderland Unicorns
More Unicorns
Dragons
More Dragons
Charge of the Goddess
Lord of the Dance
Torture
He Must Suffer
The Friendly Tarot
The Hallmark Tarot
Tarot of the Roses
Tarot Sexualis
Renaissance Coloring Book

If we find other copyright violations, we will inform you.

THEM: Please, send us links of what you want to remove from our database, not just names.

Best regards, Administration

ME: According to your search function, you have these files. I do not have links to them, because I am not a subscriber to your service.

I am particularly concerned about your listing of Tarot Sexualis, since it has not yet been officially released. There is no other publication with this name.

If you have trouble identifying these items in your database, you can find reference images at www.unseengallery.com and at www.kinkyspot.com

I hope it will not be necessary for us to subscribe to your service in order to confirm that you are (or are not) violating our copyrights.

THEM: Sorry, we can't delete something like "Tarot Sexualis" or images on websites.
If you want we something to delete, please give us links.

ME: If you continue to offer Tarot Sexualis as a free download, I will be forced to take legal action.

THEM: All people that want we something to delete give us specific links on their files.
If you want we something to delete, please give us SPECIFIC links or don't write to support.
OK?

ME: Tarot Sexualis is not supposed to be available online. There are not supposed to be any links to it. It has not even been officially released or offered for sale yet.

Your persistence in offering this as a free download leaves me no option but to take this issue up with your server.

THEM: If it has not even been officially released or offered for sale yet, it means we have fake files. If you want to check, buy 3-day membership (about 2$) and see. Don't forget to unmark other payment options. And you'll see, we have not real Tarot Sexualis materials.

I think they sound a little anxious in that last reply, don't you?

Now, I can take this admission of theirs, and report them to Visa/Mastercard. also econsumer and ic3.

Done! It usually takes a few days for investigations to get going, but the site will probably vanish in a week or so.

sacredashes

Hannafate said:
....THEM: If it has not even been officially released or offered for sale yet, it means we have fake files. If you want to check, buy 3-day membership (about 2$) and see.. Don't forget to unmark other payment options. And you'll see, we have not real Tarot Sexualis materials.

Best regards, Administration...

ROFL...oohhhh... this is just too funny!! :laugh:

baba-prague

sacredashes said:
ROFL...oohhhh... this is just too funny!! :laugh:

"Or for a bargain price of $20, you can check ALL our fake files." :D

Tansey Ella

These people give the impression of not being too bright. Maybe it is a lost in translation thing.
lol

Hexi

If someone can make it so they can't use pay pal or charge cards, then we have done our job. I don't think they have any files, but don't be surprised if we thwart them, that they show up again under another URL I always wonder, if they have the time and energy to build a web site, why not make it legit?
win win win?? is that a crazy concept?