The Furry Tarot

Mabon-Tail

Lately, I've been offering tarot-themed convention badges for my commissions. Most of my artwork is geared toward the Furry Fandom anyway, so my Tarot Badges sparked an idea. Why not make a tarot deck featuring real furry characters created by real people in the Furry Fandom? The idea is that if someone buys a tarot badge from me, they can opt to let me use their badge as a card in the Furry Tarot.

Naturally, using other people's characters in a project that involves monetary gain brings up legal questions, but I've already taken care of that. People who sign up their characters to be used in The Furry Tarot will be credited for their contributions. They will also be compensated, provided I can get the deck off the ground.

Unlike my other project, The Vulpine Tarot, completing The Furry Tarot will depend entirely on the generosity of others who enlist their characters into this project. Essentially, The Furry Tarot is a deck of furries, by furries, and for furries.

I have done a tarot-themed badge of this nature, but unfortunately, the character's owner has decided not to participate in The Furry Tarot. Another person has opted in, but I've not drawn her card yet. Interestingly enough, the first card to be featured in The Furry Tarot is the same card that got The Vulpine Tarot started.

Cards taken up:
The Stars - Luthien Nightwolf

Alta

That might take a while as some cards will be more popular than others, but cool idea.

DaughterOfDanu

I'd love to buy a badge and donate my fursona towards a furry tarot! :3

Mabon-Tail

I'd be glad to have you aboard, TreeLeafe! :D

redlife000

Umm, I know I'm kind of late, but how much would a badge be, if this offer still stands? And is it alright if all I have at the moment is a text description of my character? I haven't had a chance to commission a reference sheet yet. :(

Mabon-Tail

My tarot badges run at $40. They're pretty small as far as con badges go, but they pack a lot of detail for their size. As long as your character's textual description is detailed enough to make an accurate visual representation, that'd be fine, but I still prefer visual ref sheets. My offer to sign badges up for the Furry Tarot stands until every card has been taken up. Lastly, each card can only be taken up by one person. I would also like to limit the cards people can sign up for to one per person. Everybody needs a fair shot a getting in on this project.

redlife000

Okay. I am definitely interested, but I don't have the funds right now... I commissioned a reference sheet for my character, but it used up all I had set aside for commissions. When I get the $40 raised to get a badge, I will let you know. Thanks!