Oracle of the Mermaids- Lucy Cavendish

Celtictarot

I probably should have said that I don't care for any of Lucy Cavendish's decks. But I did look at this one because I'd like to be more in touch with the water element. Alas, I am still searching.

Maybe it isn't mermaid you are connected to, have you tried shell essences or more dolphin and that sort of cards?

tarotcognito

Shell essences. Interesting. Will have to look into that, as I'm a fiery Aries and the ocean is incredibly soothing to me. Thanks for the link, CT. :)

I ordered the Oracle of the Mermaids after watching a couple of reviews and a reading on Youtube. Haven't received the deck yet, so can't give you my direct first-hand impression, but based on the reading, it looks like it's fairly solid from an interpretation point of view. We will see. I'll revisit the thread and give you my twos once I get it in the mail. :)

silvereye

Have you considered the magical mermaid and dolphins oracle by doreen virtue?

Serenia

Many thanks to the two of you! :) I'll have to sleep on this decision and then see how things turn out.

Okay, here's my result: my subconcious is of the opinion that I should have this, while my objective mind finds that I already own enough oracle decks. So I decided to take a gamble: the only seller offering it for a reasonable price seems to be the bookdepositoryuk. When I ordered, their website said that the item is not available right now, but they also offer products on the German Amazon website and there they said they still have two decks in stock. So I have ordered via Amazon and will see how it turns out. If they actually deliver the deck, I'm obviously meant to have it - if they cancel the order, then I'll accept my "fate" and won't order it from somewhere else. ;)

So far, it looks like I might be getting the deck. After I ordered, the BD website restocked the item and Amazon says the deck will be dispatched shortly - but I haven't received any actual confirmation yet that they are really going to send it, so it's all still up in the air. (Plus, it's BD, so even if they send it, it will take ages until it's here.)

Thanks for everyone's responses!

ETA: It seems that I'm not meant to have it - at least not now. BD cancelled my order. Let's see how resistant I am when they restock the item.

silvereye

My deck has arrived in the postbox, finally!!!!

Miss Divine

Hi Serenia,

I ordered it from Book Depository. When I ordered it. it said they were in stock, after I had placed it, it all of a sudden said ''currently not available''. So I emailed them, and they emailed me back they would be available again within 24 hours and that was true, because within those 24 hours I received an email that the oracle deck had been dispatched. This is a deck I definitely don't want to miss out on. I often get more out of oracles intuitively than out of tarot.

Serenia

Hi Miss Divine!

Yes, when I ordered, they still had some decks in stock, but it seems they sent them to other people and not to me. I was quite devastated yesterday evening when I saw that they had cancelled the order. :neutral: By now, I have managed to accept the situation as it is. I keep telling myself that it is probably not the right time for the deck right now. I signed up for e-mail notification, though, so that I'll know when they restock the deck.

And yes, I also feel this deck might be good for intuitive reading, although it's likely that I'll stray quite far from the book meanings with some cards. But sometimes these are exactly the best decks! :) (Just thinking Tarot of the Sweet Twilight here. It's so non-standard that it hurts if you look at it from a traditional tarot perspective, but it blows my mind each and every time!)

Silvereye, how do you like the deck?

silvereye

Hi Serenia,

I ordered it from Book Depository. When I ordered it. it said they were in stock, after I had placed it, it all of a sudden said ''currently not available''. So I emailed them, and they emailed me back they would be available again within 24 hours and that was true, because within those 24 hours I received an email that the oracle deck had been dispatched. This is a deck I definitely don't want to miss out on. I often get more out of oracles intuitively than out of tarot.

I ordered it from Book Depository too due to the free shipping. As I'm in Asia the shipping ca n get quit expensive. They just arrived today, I'm looking at them and plan to offer up readings in readings exchange to get to know them better.

I do agree with you that I often get more out of oracles intuitively than out of tarot, esp the Major Arcana, even after all these years I can only get a feel intuitively as to whether it's something positive or negative but can't quite explain why!