Theatre of the Moon Tarot

Little Baron

I have been deliberating my future path.

And I have come to the conclusion that what I need to do, partly, is continue with my own home-made deck.

This has always been a project for just me. Not for publishing or the like. Just something that made me happy to create and work with.

And so far, it has been that. I have enjoyed collaging the guys together and with each new card, even though it might mean little to others, I have satisfaction.

I always wanted an 'all male' deck, in the same way that there are 'all female' decks out there. But I didn't want it to be a gay deck, as such - or at least, not blatantly.

So this is what I am creating. I am sure many will find the images repedative and a little shallow, but I am picking them from all different places and enjoying the relationships I have with them, as I dress them for the cards.

As part of my new path is taking a backseat here, even though I will continue to visit, I thought I would share my work with you. I will post cards and bits and bobs as I do them on my blog. Pop by and take a look. I would appreciate any thoughts.

The cards already done are quite similar, but I am trying to add new differences and backgrounds as I continue with the project.

All the best,

LB x

annik

Great job! I really like what I have seen so far! I am interested to see more as it will come available.

Chronata

Good luck to you LB as you move along in your Journey, and that new path before you!

You'll be missed around here...but boy, do I understand that need...that soul calling... to keep moving.

I hope you do continue to drop by once in awhile...

now...about the deck you have here...

Incredible work!
I think everything...from the name... to the rich sepia images to the slightly dreamy/mad/dangerous feel of them...is all outstanding.

I remember your first photo deck here...the fashion playing card images you did...and I thought those had amazing potenitial too...

Here, I think, you have realized that potential.

Absolutely stunning work.

I really do hope you continue. I would love to see new images in your blog. This is the kind of deck to just sit back and drool over the images! (it doesn't hurt that you found some very beautiful men here! and you have done expert work on transforming them into archetypes.)

Little Baron

Thankyou Annik.

And thankyou Chronata. I value your views very much. I am enjoying doing it, and it is funny because even though it is not the kind of deck that all would like, as they pop out of the printer, all sumptuously coloured and glossy, I feel as though it is the deck I always dreamed of, if that makes sense. Probably because it has tones, faces, bodies, details and colours chosen by me.

Have just been looking through magzines. I want to keep the deck multicultural but I do not want to go hunting for such things. I am meeting the characters as they find me. I have just stumbled over my 'Page of Wands'. So instead of going out for the evening, I am going to start dressing him up. What I like is that even though I am happy to share and discuss here, I am under no pressure from anyone else to make it conform to what a consumer might like. I am considering doing the minor arcana with my playing card system, which I think would be very releasing for my 'path'. I think I might get a bit hacked off trying to slot it into either Thoth or RWS tradition. This way, I will start with a word and see what grows from it.

LB

Little Baron

Site updated with 'Page of Batons'.

LB

Little Baron

Site updated with '9 of Swords'

LB

Cocobird55

Your deck is very appealing and striking. Good luck with it!

Mimers

LB, I love your work. Keep it up. I have saved your link to my "tarot stuff" on my menu bar. I also love your other blogs as well. Do you have to register to comment?

Keep it up!

Little Baron

Hi Mimers

I don't think you do. I will adjust the settings so that anyone can comment. I think I can moderate the comments. In one of my other ones, someone kept posting advertisements in the comments section and links, lol.

Thanks for your kind words though. I look forward to hearing your views on them as I complete.

LB

Leo62

Glad you're going on with the deck, LB. It's luscious...;)