Theatre of the Moon Tarot

Little Baron

Hi Em

I have always used the traditional meanings for cards, but recently, I began using playing cards. I ended up using the Personal Prophecy method, by Deborah Leigh. I liked the meanings given and blending them into threesomes for each position in a spread.

I ended up wanting to use Tarot again, so I worked with both my Marseille and 1JJ Swiss; both with pips. I use my majors the same as anyone else would, but I use the Personal Prophecy method for the pips.

And I thought, when making this deck, lets use those meanings for my deck. And I wanted to illustrate those meanings for the first time. I didn't want to describe what I had seen already elsewhere. Maybe another time.

Here are the meanings:

DIAMONDS/COINS

01 - Partnership
02 - Secrets
03 - Domestic Conflict
04 - Lies
05 - News
06 - A relationship exists here
07 - Scandal
08 - A relationship exists here
09 - Uncertainty, confusion
10 - Financial Matters

HEARTS/CUPS

01 - Home
02 - Success
03 - Sorrow, regret
04 - Jealousy
05 - Gift
06 - Potential, great promise, clear pathway
07 - True friendship
08 - Celebrations
09 - The Wish Card
10 - True love, commitment

CLUBS/WANDS

01 - Communication
02 - Disappointment
03 - Creation
04 - Misfortune
05 - Agreement
06 - Effort, the workplace
07 - Sexual attraction
08 - Blockage, frustration, avoidance
09 - Indulgence
10 - Official things

SPADES/SWORDS

01 - Conclusion, death, end of cycle
02 - Abrupt change
03 - Unexpected results in routine matters
04 - Illness and depression
05 - Anger
06 - Caution, proceed carefully
07 - Loss
08 - Cleansing tears
09 - Grief, unresolved differences
10 - Journey

Thanks for your words of encouragement, Em [and everyone else].
LB

Sidhe-Ra

How interesting! Thanks Little Buddha, I hadn't come across this system before- I shall follow with great interest, and hopefully learn something!

Blessings,

Em x

Little Baron

Think I am going to work on Strength and the Devil today.

Need this creative opening and those cards seem very important to me today.

Both will not be as elaborate as have been but have found two very appropriate photos that I want to use.

But after that, I was thinking I might start using my own models. What do you think?

LB

Little Baron

Just uploaded Strength.

Not my most favourite, but once again, it looks better printed than on screen.

LB

room

LittleBuddha said:
But after that, I was thinking I might start using my own models. What do you think?

Good idea--no problems with copyright then. Maybe Jack could show up? <g>

Can hardly wait to see your Devil card.

Dean

Hi LB

just had alook at the Strengh card and really liked it, i think you caught the right expression on the man's face, he does look like he's now over-powered and as now tamed the lion.:)

Little Baron

The Devil was not quite so successful. So I will have another stab at him.

I will include the first go. I chose him for a few reasons. I loved the horns he holds, showing that we can all be a bit of a devil if we want to be.

He is a good looking young man and that was also something that appealed. I chose the Rohrig on just that card alone, when I bought my first deck, because he was so handsome.
My one is tanned, fit and sexy. And burning with passion. He is temptation in a delicious form, you could say. And hard to resist. He needed to be this way, for me, I felt. I was going to be a bit more traditional, but then thought 'how does he feel to me'. In terms of myself, I also wanted to show someone letting themselves go and giving into the fire.

LB

Attachments

• devil4.jpg
    devil4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 81

Little Baron

Tried another devil, but still not happy with him.

Will start from scratch again.

But the Strength card, I do like. In reality, he is just a little more insipid than the other cards and it is just a nice greyish pallette. Looks very sepia. Reminds me once again, of the circus and side show strong men. I also like the way his fingers gently brush inside the lions ear. He is very focused. He can challenge anything, which is a good theme for me to have been working on today.

Karakurt

Hmm.. very interesting cards... You mentioned that you're planning all the Major to be guys. How will you make such cards as Empress or High Priestess?

(I'm sorry, if there are any mistakes in my English)

Little Baron

Hi Karakurt

No mistakes in your English at all.

I really don't know how I am going to tackle those cards yet. I may include women. Or I may adjust titles to fit with the guys. The cards are pretty much dictating as they are created. I saw the guy in the leopard-skin and knew he was 'Strength'. So when I find the 'Empress', I will also know. That is pretty much how they are evolving.

I like the idea of an all male deck, but I don't want it to be too repedative. I am sure that eventually, some cards will be re-done. The '8 of Swords' is one I still do not like. And the 'Devil', which I just posed on the site [a new one] is not how I really want him to be just yet.

Thanks for your interest.

Best, LB