Oracle of the Dragonfae.....anyone interested??

Venus Moon

Some pictures

Yes I just ordered this deck yesterday! It looks so very beautiful :) I found some pictures of a few cards, glad it's finally published! I should get it in a week and let anyone who's interested know what it's like.

Attachments

• ds3.jpg
    ds3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 279
  • ds1.jpg
    ds1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 224
  • ds2.jpg
    ds2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 198
  • ds6.jpg
    ds6.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 184
  • ds5.jpg
    ds5.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 206

raventepes

The scans actually look disappointing, if you ask me...

Sinduction

I really like it! But then I like this sort of thing. :)

Doesn't say how many cards or what they're labeled. Must look for more info.

Venus Moon

raventepes said:
The scans actually look disappointing, if you ask me...

Disappointing in what way? I think they're vibrant and very emotive, I also really like the write up for each card.

Personally I'm just happy to get a very well-drawn faery type oracle, not enough of those! While I do love the art in Mystic Faerie Tarot and enjoy Ravenscroft art, almost everyone of her faces look the same, anyone ever notice that? As well as she only seems to draw 2-3 types of faeries, they look so similar.It gets very uninspiring after awhile looking at them. The Dragonfae look so diverse and different on each card, so I'm happy :)

raventepes

Judgeing from the few scans you posted, it seems like a mostly portrait deck, and that's a just a bit of a turn off to me.

faunabay

That's why there are so many different kinds of decks out there!! Everyone has different tastes about what they like. I think that's great! :)

I like the scans that I've seen but my true test in when I get it in my hands and can play with it in person for awhile. I really liked the scans of the Mystic Faerie but didn't get on with it in person. I've got the Dragonfae on pre-order but I'll reserve final judgement until I get it!!! :p Although I have to say I'm kind of excited about it.

Venus Moon

raventepes said:
Judgeing from the few scans you posted, it seems like a mostly portrait deck, and that's a just a bit of a turn off to me.

True, I have no idea what the other 38 cards look like! What's a portrait deck? Do you mean just a face in the card? There's one card there that looks like that, the others look pretty full of energy!

Lina1

I don't think I'd ever use it, but I'd have it just for the beautiful artwork :)

Venus Moon

It came today! :D

Verrry beautiful, much more so than I thought. I've only looked through the cards and the book, so this is a very surface 1st impression.

The cards are quite large, the backs are stunning with a pentacle in the center and a very surreal ink blot type image, looks like moth wings? But since it's like an ink blot test, whatever you see may say something lol. The backs are in rich dark green swirly colors, with a lighter green border.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the deck has 7 different artists for the cards. But they mesh really well and flow wonderfully. I was shocked to see a favorite Selina Fenech image and went whhhat? lol Then discovered there are 7 artists! So the images that you see in the scans above aren't the way the whole deck looks all through it.

Someone above mentioned being tired of 'corsetted goth fluff "fae" '. but I can put those fears to rest as there are only a few such type images in the deck (personally I love the ones in the deck). There is a wide perspective of the faeries, creatures and dragons.

I'll be playing with the book and deck all weekend, so if anymore interesting insights or info comes up, I'll let you know!