Are you still reading with your playing cards?

Bernice

pm'd the link. :)

aceofhearts

I have playing cards but I dont read with them. I have found that using oracles and tarot has been enough for me and I didnt want to expand further.
I have the normal playing cards and some fantasy.

stella01904

Bernice said:
pm'd the link. :)
Belatedly got it!
Nice!

And I will publicly say:
"Biedermeier" is a period and a style. Not just one deck. Stella forgets this and needs to lay off the 99 cent energy drinks." :laugh:

SunChariot

I still do sometimes, but then I have 56, soon to be 57 decks and use them all, so I can't say I use any of my decks "often". I like playing card readings for more concise answers, I use three cards per question. They are very concise and accurate.

I have one regular playing card deck and three transformation playing card decks. Of the last three of usually do a combination of the traditional playing card meanings with a bit of what I feel the image is trying to add to that meaning.

Babs

stella01904

The Provost:

I like Bulldog Squeezers and Black Tigers for normal use. I'm a sucker for a nice finish. I have some Steamboats someplace, too, but the finish isn't as nice. If I am going someplace where there's a good chance of the cards getting damaged, I take Mavericks. I get those at the dollar store - for $1.

Joermit

I still use my playing cards... sometimes with my major only tarot decks... sometimes by themselves... I absolutely love ellusionist.com's Bicycle Vintage 1800 series deck... it's amazing! it's now the only playing card deck I read with...

Joey

Le Fanu

I rediscovered recently an old Spanish deck I thought Id lost; Baraja Goyesca.

It´s Spanish, Fournier, a facsimilie of a deck from around 1850 and has only pages, knights and Kings. It really does almost look like the Minors of a Tarot deck...

Cerulean

The Goyesca...for "Goya"-like as in the famous artist?

I looked at the name and thought "as in picturesque", where the 'esque' ending describes a 'like' or 'resembling' (I don't know why--must have Goya as a name on the brain)...curious!

Image attached of card box from online site...I don't see cards anywhere, but will look.

Cerulean

Attachments

• goyesca.jpg
    goyesca.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 139

Le Fanu

That´s it. A beautiful deck. I bought it on a trip to Spain in 1987, then lost it and rediscovered it again recently and decided I would keep it just for divination.

I noticed that my local esoteric shop also sells it alongside tarot decks. Maybe others have the same idea and perhaps its quite common to use it for divination?

It certainly has a wonderful, old fashioned feel to it. And looks just like tarot minors.