favorite blue stones?

Eva4

It's kind of a denim blue, sorta. Darker in some parts, lighter in others, and with a lightning fork pattern of white throughout.

It's pretty easily available (and not expensive!) Did you try Etsy?

Yes, I have been all over Etsy. Though I like to go to my local shop first and see if he sells it there. I just need to get around to it!

Thanks, Padma!

RavenOfSummer

So many great ideas!!

How could I forget blue tigers eye?! It and labradorite are at the top of my list! I am awed with chatoyant stones.

Ooh, that blue tiger's eye is beautiful.

I second all of these suggestions above but I'd like to add one: Sapphire. It's never mentioned here because it can be pricey. But there are small and cheap ones, too. You don't need to get a huge flawless jewel to enjoy the properties of it. :)
I have a small cheap one set in Silver. I think mine was from Etsy. Sapphire comes in many shades of blue (and yellow). Some are really pretty watery blue.
----------------------

from Crystalvaults web page: Stone of Wisdom, a royal stone of learning, mental acuity and psychic activation, a seeker after spiritual truth. Its pure Blue Ray brings order and healing to the mind, lending strength and focus, and an ability to see beneath surface appearances to underlying truths and to utilize that knowledge. It stimulates the Throat and Third Eye Chakras, allowing one to access deeper levels of consciousness in order to gain a fuller understanding of self. Associated with the planet Saturn, Blue Sapphire embraces order, structure, and self-discipline, and is ideal for accomplishing goals and manifesting ideas into form. Sapphire’s power to transmute negative thoughts and energy also makes it highly effective for earth and chakra healing.

That is a really great idea Hemera! It's funny I didn't think of it, because I actually have small sapphires in my wedding band, but I never thought of having others around because just like you said, I have presumed about the expense! I will definitely look into that.

And I forgot celestite, which is just, er, heavenly (😇), but it's now been mentioned.. We could also add topaz to sapphire.. Very watery..

But as they call Larimar the dolphin stone it resoundingly calls up visions of the ocean, huh. ☺️

Blue hemimorphite is another very gentle aqua blue stone... Pretty!!!

These are all lovely! That hemimorphite is totally new to me.

I love all of these blue stones as well, but Celestite is speaking to me strongly these days. A truly angelic stone.

Edited to add Kyanite! one of my favorites!

Absolutely love both of these!

Well I can see I'm going to have some tough choices lol :) Or maybe I'll just go from having no blues stones to having a whole library of them :D Thank you all for the great recommendations!

Laura Borealis

Has anyone mentioned dumortierite? I'm new to it, I just learned of it yesterday when I saw a basket at the gem store here. I got a small one, and a pretty lapis, and a wee blue chalcedony.

I almost got a polished angelite geode half, too, but it was a bit pricey. Beautiful blue color though. Almost periwinkle.

RavenOfSummer

Has anyone mentioned dumortierite? I'm new to it, I just learned of it yesterday when I saw a basket at the gem store here. I got a small one, and a pretty lapis, and a wee blue chalcedony.

I almost got a polished angelite geode half, too, but it was a bit pricey. Beautiful blue color though. Almost periwinkle.

Great choices! Thank you for mentioning dumortierite- was totally unfamiliar with that one!

Padma

Dumortierite is particularly good at protection, and is said to keep one's enemies at bay :)

RavenOfSummer

Dumortierite is particularly good at protection, and is said to keep one's enemies at bay :)

That's great to know :) I'm definitely adding this to my list!

Hemera

Has anyone mentioned blue topaz yet?
I never paid much attention to it until I came across an article (somewhere online) that praised it greatly. It is supposed to be good for just about anything: healing, love, creativity.. I still haven't got it but I'm definitely interested.

Padma

I often wear blue topaz, it is soothing and energizing at the same time :) it's a fire element stone (topaz) but in the blue, has a watery feel to it. It is also said to keep away nightmares. I don't know about that, as I do not have them very often, but I do know it is a friendly and approachable stone to work with.

It pairs very nicely with peridot. (a fresh green).

Ayram

Lapis and sodalite are currently my favorites. I think it's because they're good stones for me when I look up their definitions in the Crystal Bible haha - though with blue being my favorite color, they're even more wonderful for me to look at. :) I too love labradorite tho I don't know if I see it as blue (certainly can be, in certain light!).

readings.by.mia

Larimar is definitely my favourite blue stone. It works amazingly with the throat chakra as well as with communication issues. As a con, it is rather expensive. Depending on what do you want the crystal for, I could recommend you something more concrete for your needs.