Beginning to learn and already have a chart question

starlightexp

Long time reader first time caller lol

I'm just starting to learn how to read a chart and already I am stuck. I've been studying all the planets and house rulers and stuff but now when it comes to actually reading I'm drawing a blank.

Here is where I am at. (Chart is included below.) Feel free to correct me at every turn as I'm so new is't not even funny.

The questions is will my partner and I buy a tiny house in Florida. I can see from the sign on the ascendant, early in Libra, that things are still rather new in forming, so maybe it's too soon to cast. If not, I would then be represented by Venus right? So currently I am in the 6th house. I was told that when it comes to "stay or go" questions that the 7th house is where I should be looking. Aires is the current ruler in the 7th house so the planetary rulership is Mars. Mars is currently in the 6th house. Sooooo both me and the house ruler of the house of the quesited are in the same house. Good? The Moon is in the 11th house so what does that tell me? And here is where I fall apart. Am I looking at the right aspects? How do I put the pieces together?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 12.24.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 12.24.35 AM.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 132

starlightexp

Hope things actually make sense

Minderwiz

Long time reader first time caller lol

Welcome to the forum!

[quote-Starlightexp]
I'm just starting to learn how to read a chart and already I am stuck. I've been studying all the planets and house rulers and stuff but now when it comes to actually reading I'm drawing a blank.

Here is where I am at. (Chart is included below.) Feel free to correct me at every turn as I'm so new is't not even funny.

The questions is will my partner and I buy a tiny house in Florida. I can see from the sign on the ascendant, early in Libra, that things are still rather new in forming, so maybe it's too soon to cast. If not, I would then be represented by Venus right? So currently I am in the 6th house. I was told that when it comes to "stay or go" questions that the 7th house is where I should be looking. Aires is the current ruler in the 7th house so the planetary rulership is Mars. Mars is currently in the 6th house. Sooooo both me and the house ruler of the house of the quesited are in the same house. Good? The Moon is in the 11th house so what does that tell me? And here is where I fall apart. Am I looking at the right aspects? How do I put the pieces together?[/QUOTE]

Well the very early degree is the first consideration. Strictly speaking it's a consideration before judgement, and not a ban on any judgement. This consideration probably arose from time keeping difficulties, and therefore some uncertainty whether the sign had begun to rise or not. These days that part is unlikely to hold true. The 'too early to judge' is a modern take. I'm not sure it is but you need to be careful.

The question is really 'should we buy this tiny house in Florida?' and thus it's a real estate question, whether or not you are intending to move permanently or intend to use it as a holiday home.

That brings in the fourth house and its ruler, which in this chart is Saturn with Capricorn on the cusp. Saturn is currently in Sagittarius and so the chart's third house. at just short of four degrees. The third is either the least worst of the bad places, or the least best of the good places depending on your view. So it's just about OK but only just. So I'm guessing that the house is not in a wonderful location but is in an acceptable location, just about.

Saturn in its current position is Peregrine, so I'm not sure that this house ticks all the boxes for what you are looking for in terms of its current condition. You may even be unsure yourself about what work will be entailed getting it up to the standard you want.

Venus (you) is in Pisces, its Exaltation, so I don't see any inherent problem with you as such. I think the main problem is that it is cadent in the sixth and therefore shows that you aren't really in the position of seeing the situation first hand, in terms of the overall housing market. You're not able to see things as clearly as you would like. It might not be so much the location of even the house itself but some hidden issues which you don't know about because you don't live there. Check everything and make sure you have a good agent, who at the moment is signified by Jupiter, ruler of the sixth and he's retrograde in Leo, So he might seem to be on the ball but I'm not sure he's looking the right way.

Venus is actually in a separating square from Saturn, so you and the house are moving apart, not together. The Moon or possibly Mercury might just rescue the situation. Many Astrologers would judge the Moon to be Void of Course, as it's not going to make a major aspect before it changes signs. Lilly would say that as it has begun applying to the square with Saturn that might allow the chart to be considered. It's still over five degrees from the aspect, though which is pushing it and the resulting square suggests that there's going to be difficulties anyway. In short it's possible that you might get the house after some difficulty but whether you're going to like it when you've got it is in doubt.

Now the early Ascendant might indicate that the chart isn't fit to be judged, I'm not sure I'd go that far. However it is a warning to check everything before you buy on the basis of this chart. If any of the 'worries' I've identified actually hold true then you need to think carefully. If you've thoroughly checked and they don't, then the chart wasn't a good indicator of the situation.

starlightexp

Welcome to the forum!

[quote-Starlightexp]

Venus is actually in a separating square from Saturn, so you and the house are moving apart, not together. The Moon or possibly Mercury might just rescue the situation. .

Thank you SO much for doing the chart. It is helping me figure out how to read these things. can you recommend a good way to figure out how to know to figure out planetary movements? I read about them but have yet to find a way to figure them out for myself

Minderwiz

Thank you SO much for doing the chart. It is helping me figure out how to read these things. can you recommend a good way to figure out how to know to figure out planetary movements? I read about them but have yet to find a way to figure them out for myself

Firstly I hope my reading seemed right to you and therer were no glaring errors!

On the planetary movements there is an easy but actually dangerous answer.

Saturn is slowest
Jupiter is faster than Saturn
Mars is faster than Jupiter
The Sun is faster tha Mars
Venus is faster than the Sun
Mercury is faster than Venus
The Moon is faster than Mercury.

So if Saturn is at 10 degrees Leo and Mercury is at 5 degrees Libra, Mercury is applying to a sextile. The faster planet applies to the slower planet (within orb)

But and it's a very big but. All the planets except the Sun and Moon have retrograde cycles and this means they slow down and stop before changing direction. So at Mercury's station Retrograde (and for that matter Direct), it's possible for Mercury to be actually slower than Saturn, unless it too is stationing.

So in that example above Mercury at 5 degrees Libra could well be separating from Saturn at 10 Leo.

How can you tell whether this is happening. From experience you lean the points around which the stations occur but the best way for a beginner is to install a copy of Morinus, the freebie Astrology program, which will give you the speeds of all the various planets at the moment of the chart. Alternatively but not as easily you can look up an online ephemeris and check the planet's movement between midnight on the day of the chart and the following midnight.

starlightexp

Firstly I hope my reading seemed right to you and therer were no glaring errors!

Oh Gosh no your reading was spot on!

Morinus, the freebie Astrology program, which will give you the speeds of all the various planets at the moment of the chart.

I am using Morinus how would I see this in the chart? Is it just the R for retrograde? Is it then just looking around the chart to see what planets are at what degrees and calculating how long it will be till they are in aspect with another planet? Sorry for my ignorance, baby steps baby steps. Soon as I know how to bang the rocks together I should be ok

Oh and is there a way in Morinus that I can get it to show the degrees?

Minderwiz

Thanks for the feedback!!

I remembered after I posted that your chart was from Morinus but the got side tracked by other things, so I didn't come back to explain.

What you need to do is use the tables option and getting on for about half way down there's 'Speeds'. Clicking on this gives you a tab
le of planetary speeds. You only want the first column, that is longitude or speed through the zodiac.

The only problem is that it doesn't give an indication of whether the planet is fast or slow so I've attached a file which I based on Frawley's book, though it also includes the average speeds as given by Lilly.

There's also some information on orientality, for when you get round to it. It should download to your computer but I've had some issues with it, so let me know if it fails to work and I'll copy and paste it as a fresh post.

Attachments

• Planet speed and orientality.pdf
    209.5 KB · Views: 171

starlightexp

Cool! Love the speed table. Loving all the little things I can do, and eventually know what the heck they mean. One final question for right now. Is there a way to have the chart show the degrees the planets are at?

Minderwiz

Cool! Love the speed table. Loving all the little things I can do, and eventually know what the heck they mean. One final question for right now. Is there a way to have the chart show the degrees the planets are at?

Yes, go to Options, and choose the first one 'Appearance' You need to check the box 'positions', just above Terms and Decans and below Houses. Make sure that you also have Automatic save ticked (almost at the bottom of the Options menu) this ensures that you will get the same display for all your future charts.

Incidentally, for Horary, you might prefer the Traditional Morinus

https://sites.google.com/site/tradmorinus/morinus

I have both installed and the traditional is also free. What's more, they read each other's files, so if you create a folder for Morinus chart saves (*.hor) and Images (*.bmp/*.png) you can share data between the versions and produce output from both. The traditional version also outputs in png format, so it never needs to be altered to allow it to meet the limits of Aeclectic.

Attachments

• Morinus.jpg
    Morinus.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 136