Reoccurring Cards: 8 of Cups + The Tower

FreedomBird

Hey all,
This is a long message. If you don't want to read it all, skip to the bottom footnote, where I summarize it. I apologize for the mass amounts of text. ;)

I've been getting 8 of Cups as an outcome lately whenever I ask about a personal situation [regarding all sorts of things, so read it like a general] and without going into depth about other readings, I've also been getting lots of messages about missed opportunity and big change.

I was wondering, if maybe, you could consider the 8 of Cups to not talk about actually leaving something behind in a physical sense but in a metaphorical sense.

Like shedding a skin and leaving behind one phase of your life in a good way. Like, a gray period that's finally passing.

Do you think that with the messages that I've been getting, this could be the Tarot's way of saying the bright day is coming and I'm heading towards something good-- or could it rather mean I'm not quite yet in the clear?

The Tower has been a reoccurring card for me as well, but like we discussed on a thread earlier we came to the conclusion that in my context it wasn't talking about the change being the turmoil, but rather the struggle it took to get to said change. No doubt the change will rattle my chains, I get that-- but what I guess what I'm trying to say is that the struggle represented by the lightning hitting the Tower and crumbling it-- the change will be the aftermath.

Two things to think about when you offer your input that I discovered after analyzing my readings: The Tower is always next to a "good" major [The Sun, The Chariot, The Star, The World, etc.] and the Tower only appears when I include someone else's name into my Question.

The reason I'm writing about this is because I did a reading on this after a long pause and got both of these cards in a CC spread.

The Tower, no surprise, was in the 8th position, surrounded by Sun in the 7th and Magician in the 9th.
8 of Cups was the outcome.

------
Here's what I have to think about all of this:
Sun in the 7th and Magician in the 9th are telling me that I am fine internally, it's the external influences I have to worry about-- which, again, I'm not sure is exactly true. I think more than anything these are here to "soften" the blow of the Tower.

Wit reoccurring Tower, I noticed that it dissapeared for a couple of weeks but now seems to be coming back in every reading I do. I thought I had figured it out: The drastic change about to enter my life was wanted and welcome, but it was going to be chaotic to get to that resolution, sort of like being in the eye of the hurricane: You know you've weathered half of it. There's calm now, but for how long? And when will the other half come? When will the blue skies reign again? The Tower, I thought, represents this other half of the storm.

I also thought it could mean that this change came out of the blue for the person I mentioned, hence why it came up when I brought them up.

Ultimately, I thought the Tower would represent the sudden abrupt change I'm aiming for, but not necessarily in the way I wanted it. It represented, instead, that the change I wanted still required one more big upheaval to get to where I want to go: A major other half of the hurricane.

As for the 8, I strongly believe that it, too, is talking about my current struggle to get to where I want to go-- at least, with it's negative connotation. The main thing I think this is trying to say is that I am headed for something better-- I am shedding the struggles and leaving them behind for something better.
---

Whatever this may mean, it certainly carries an air of change and great shift-- but whether that shift is the calm after the storm or a whole new one is left to be seen.

What do you think? I know for certain there's a lot of ways to interpret this because there's so much factored into it.

~~~
Summary: I've been getting 8 of Cups as an outcome. I was getting the Tower for a while, but then it went away, but now it's back again. The Tower only comes up A.) when I ask about a specific person & B.) is always next to a positive Major [i.e. The Sun/ The World, etc.]

I think it means shedding part of my life away, leaving behind the gloomy days in turn for something brighter. What do you think?

intuitivetarot

8/Cups + Tower

There may have been some disappointment, but write it off as a part of life and break free to follow your dream/goal/what you intuitively have been wanting to do. It's time for change, so let go of the pain that has tied you down, and close the door on it completely. Start afresh with a strong, more honest foundation.

FreedomBird

There may have been some disappointment, but write it off as a part of life and break free to follow your dream/goal/what you intuitively have been wanting to do. It's time for change, so let go of the pain that has tied you down, and close the door on it completely. Start afresh with a strong, more honest foundation.

The second I read this, it was like you weren't speaking about the cards anymore, but you were speaking to me. It was powerful and gave me goosebumps. Every word of this was exactly my situation and exactly what I needed to hear.

Thanks, intuitivetarot. Seriously, thanks a ton.

Absynthe

The 8 of cups comes up when you've had enough of a situation or circumstance and are ready to just let it go rather than continue to struggle in it. It's not always about quitting the situation but about quitting the struggle.