Review of François HERI tarot on The Playing Card

Yves Le Marseillais

Bonjour à tous, Hello everybody,

As member of International Playing Card Society/IPCS, I just received our Journal with a review by Thierry Depaulis cards expert and historian.
So, please find attached this dedicated page about one of my two last tarot facsimile.

Enjoy it !

Salutations from Marseille in Provence

Yves

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 274

feynrir

It's interesting to me to read a review from a magazine that is quite critical of the line quality of the Heri--though it's wonderful that they credit you with bringing the deck together into a complete unit, Yves!

I think the Heri is utterly gorgeous for reasons I cannot explain. So charming! I like the speckled backs, and the rust color that is quite orange in many cards. I definitely plan on getting this one when I can :D

Philistine

I like the speckled backs, and the rust color that is quite orange in many cards.
I love LOVE the speckled backs. They really presage the printmaking trends that came about later in the 18th century. Similar to the organic "mess" of marbled end papers in leather bound books.

As to the line quality, I rather like its elegant shabbiness.

Yves Le Marseillais

Colours

It's interesting to me to read a review from a magazine that is quite critical of the line quality of the Heri--though it's wonderful that they credit you with bringing the deck together into a complete unit, Yves!

I think the Heri is utterly gorgeous for reasons I cannot explain. So charming! I like the speckled backs, and the rust color that is quite orange in many cards. I definitely plan on getting this one when I can :D

Bonjour Feynrir,

Giving a chance to everybody to have access to this never republished tarots is a huge task because many decks are uncomplete spread in various museums or even private collections regardless of countrys.
Mostly in West of €urope but not only: USA too.
When we look at symbolism of colours we may be disturbed by variety of red (up to orange, blue (from light blue to dark ones, some beeing transformed in black by colour deterioration), green (light to deep green and up to brown because of oxydation by oxygene and U.V).

This is why we must be carefull in interpretation of colours and conscient about mood and commercial trend that interfere with non written symbolism law of colours.

In spite of this I still trust in colour symbolism but Truth is hard to find and need expertise and history knowledge.

Backs are also interesting re history and moods and another source of discoverys.

Best wishes 2016 from Marseille City !!

Yves