Tarot of Waves

gafir777

Hello,

I recently created four readings - mainly to use on my website - and wanted to know what you think about them. I have called them Tarot of Waves because I think everything works like waves a little bit, like cycles, seasons, attraction/repulsion, etc...
I've started with Love Waves: I've always been fascinated by the logic of numbers behind Tarot. I'm convinced there is still much to experiment and discover in this domain. We all agree that the suit for love, feelings, and relationships is the suit of cups. So I thought, instead of using all the cards, since my question is about love - why not just select the suit of cups and see what kind of reading I get.
So I pick two cards from a deck only composed of the numeral cards of the Cups (from the Ace to 10):
*****1******2******
The first card is the origin, the second one is the destination. Is it growing, shrinking? Is it getting more focused (like with a 3 as the second card: the triangle, which is, to my eyes, a focus of energy) or more dispersed (like a 5 or a 7)? Etc, ... There are a lot of ways to interpret cards this way. Someone else probably invented this reading before me, maybe there is even a name for it already. So if you know, please just let me know.
Other readings can be done with the suits of pentacles, swords, and wands in the same way but for their related domains. By the way, I was wondering, which suit do you think would correspond most to health? Naturally, I'm thinking a health related reading would be using the wands (creativity, strength, energy, sexual energy, primary instinct of survival, and natural growth), but according to many health is related to the pentacles, with its principle of accumulation. (?)

AJ

you can put a link to your website in your profile.

Welcome to AT!

gafir777

Thanks AJ, I added it to my profile. I have many ideas for original spreads and this forum seems perfect to get feedback from other creative tarot enthusiasts!!

Loic

NorthernTigress

gafir777 said:
By the way, I was wondering, which suit do you think would correspond most to health? Naturally, I'm thinking a health related reading would be using the wands (creativity, strength, energy, sexual energy, primary instinct of survival, and natural growth), but according to many health is related to the pentacles, with its principle of accumulation. (?)

I would believe that pentacles/coins would work best for health. This is because, in my experience, the pents are associated with Earth. Earth is the physical: money, objects, one's environment, and, yes, one's own body.

Zelmira

Your webpage

Love your webpage. I only took a superficial look at it, but I already put it on my favorites and sent it to a couple of friends who are tarot lovers. Congratulations and keep the good work! Peace,

Zelmira

gafir777

Hi Northern Tigress,

Yes, for most english-speaking countries - and it's getting more global now - the pentacles represent the element earth. This is mostly due to the fact Wirth associated the pentacle to the earth. According to Levi and Crowley, however, the pentacle represents the element air. Now, for the wands, Levi suggested it is the earth, but Crowley suggests it is fire and Wirth too. This is the main difference I'm encountering in English-Speaking countries. French people are more drawn toward Eliphas Levi's work because of the fact he wrote in French. English-speakers are more drawn toward Wirth or Crowley. This is cultural penetration. Now, I have to make a decision regarding whether pentacles/coins are earth or air. If I choose to use it for air, then many people will just think I am wrong. If I use the earth for it, I'll feel like I'm going against my own belief. I do see, however, that pentacles and health have a lot in common.

Northern Tigress, I would be interested to know your point of view about the Wands? What element do you think it represents?

Thanks a lot,
Loic

gafir777

Hi Zelmira,

Thank you for your warm feedback! I hope to perform drastic improvements in the very near future.

Thanks again,

Loic

epvitale

Interesting spread ideas. Thank you for posting them.

As for what suit represents what element, I believe Pents are Earth. My trouble comes from swords/wands. Sometimes swords are fire and wands are air. Sometimes it's reversed. It depends on the throw. Most of the time swords represent fire to me.

Remember, there is no "right" or "wrong." If your internal compass is pulling you towards pents representing air than pentacles represent air. It doesn't matter if you are "right" or "wrong" to other readers of Tarot, as long as it makes sense to you.

None of this is written in stone.

Gary

gafir777

Thanks Epvitale,

I agree with you that there is no right or wrong when it comes to Tarot and elements.