SANTA MUERTE Tarot by Fabio Listrani

banbha

This deck looks awesome. Has anyone had experience doing a preorder from amazon for a LTD edition deck? Or would I be better if preordering from the publisher (at a higher price) to guarantee a copy?

Thanks

Amazon pre-order is guaranteed in lowest price the deck was while it was ordered, so if it goes down in price you get that one, and delivery. I wouldn't wait too long on the Limited Edition though. ;) The price has gone up since I ordered it.

bonebeach

my husband and Fabio did point that out to me. Same difference tho, one man's wrestler is another man's superhero.

Absolutely not, for all the reasons Dee Ell pointed out. As a Latina, I absolutely think this deck should have at least a touch of Lucha in it. It's culturally relevant, but, again, as Dee Ell pointed out, it's also historically important.

Plus, La Santa Muerte is a folk saint. To dismiss pop culture while embracing her and her iconography is--inconsistent.

But anyway, I've wanted this deck since it was first posted about here! I'm conflicted about which edition to order, though. HOW special is the special edition?!

G6

Absolutely not, for all the reasons Dee Ell pointed out. As a Latina, I absolutely think this deck should have at least a touch of Lucha in it. It's culturally relevant, but, again, as Dee Ell pointed out, it's also historically important.

Plus, La Santa Muerte is a folk saint. To dismiss pop culture while embracing her and her iconography is--inconsistent.

But anyway, I've wanted this deck since it was first posted about here! I'm conflicted about which edition to order, though. HOW special is the special edition?!

Hey BB!

We discussed this a bit in another thread on cardstock here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=255655

According to LoScar the special edition has a coffin shaped box and "highest quality" cardstock. Some feel this indicates it will be printed more like a premium or professional quality LoScar deck. I pre-ordered the special edition for better cardstock. I hope it is on better cardstock.

G6

Isn't that the artist who created the Night Sun tarot? this deck that's absolutely not in my line and that followed me day and night until I ordered it...?

Oh well. This deck looks even better. Something in his art just gets under my skin, I don't know why. But it does.

Yep, this is the artist of the Night Sun Tarot.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/night-sun-tarot/

I traded that one away. We didn't jive. I'm hoping for better luck with this one!

G6

Amazon pre-order is guaranteed in lowest price the deck was while it was ordered, so if it goes down in price you get that one, and delivery. I wouldn't wait too long on the Limited Edition though. ;) The price has gone up since I ordered it.

Jeez, this special edition is at $33 now on Amazon. That's a big jump since the last time we posted on this thread a few months ago.

banbha

Jeez, this special edition is at $33 now on Amazon. That's a big jump since the last time we posted on this thread a few months ago.

I paid $23!

I think it went up so fast because it's a limited edition.

littlethings

I also paid $23 for the special edition

magicjack

Darn! I hate to pay for something I won't see until October! Maybe the regular deck won't be so bad.