Lenormand spreads?

ana luisa

I don't know if this spread has already showed up in a list but this is my favorite. I call it the Cross spread. You can use either 5, 9 or 10 cards. it depends on how much "more' you need in terms of information. It looks like this

(5) 1 (6)

3 X 4

(7) 2 (8)

X - represents the querent or situation. You may choose a specific card and place it there or pick a random one while you start laying the cards.

1 - represents what's on the mind of the querent, his/her mindset or what guides the issue and takes it further or not. The main guiding force.

2- represents what supports or grounds the querent or issue. Where one can find balance and stability.

3- represents the past experiences, issues, bagagge or things left behind.

4- represents the future, what's to come or expect.

Cards 5,6,7 and 8 are optional. They add an extra color to the basic 4. They do not necessarily relate to the closest card (eg, card 5 doesn't have to relate to cards 1 and/or 3. This is the part where intuition quicks in.

When in the mood I get yet another card. Card 10 which is put aside away from the spread and read last. It represents ADVICE.

Sammie

New Lenormand Spread

Another spread I designed for the Lenormand cards is one I call the Compass Points Spread or the "Which Direction?" spread. I used it for my Lenormand Circle reading for Phoenix Rising.

A significator card is chosen to represent the area in your life about which you'd like to learn what direction to take or what you should do. If you would like to know about love - chose the heart; about finances - the fish (or bear if so inclined); about a relationship - the ring and so on.

The cards are place like this:

.........................1(North)..........................
.......4(West).....Significator.....3(East).......
.........................2(South)..........................

The cards are then read vertically and horizontally. The Significator card will always refer to what you meant it to be in the first place - if you chose the heart to represent love then it will mean love in the reading as well.

After the vertical and horizontal reading you can also read the four cards surrounding the significator as if they were in a line - starting with the West card.

The reading I did for Phoenix using this spread is here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1671793&posted=1#post1671793

Sammie