attention! reincarnation....

Faerie Lin

Hey!!! How come MY invitation was some written on toilet paper!?!? Stay out of that janitor's closet Napaea!

Anyhow! I'm in!!!

Mari_Hoshizaki, great book suggestions! I looked up on Amazon, Cayce's reincarnation books. Here is what I got.

Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation $6.99

Edgar Cayce You Can Remember Your Past Lives $6.99

Explore Your Past Lives: Edgar Cayce Classic (2 tape audio cassette) $11.87

Got some others, but they were out of print etc.

Ohhh! I think I am going to love this study group!!

I want to write more right now but someone just woke up...

lin

napaea

* sets plate of goodies for Faerie on her chair and extra plate of mushed up food for the little one*

napaea

i do already have "Edgar Cayce on Reincarnation" so that would be easy for me!

but all the others that Faerie listed ALSO sound good.
what do all of you guys think?

*looks around room for Starfish...*

starfish66

napaea said:
*looks around room for Starfish...*

...who runs in, wearing her soccer Mom sweatshirt, hockey Mom hat and my Girl Scout Leaders of America jacket... Phew! Where did the past couple of weeks go?

Looking around the room for some snacks and where IS my nametag? Definitely count me in.

:TSTAR Starfish

Alissa

me too~! me too~!

grabs some of the brownies and settles in to listen .... oh yummmmm

I've read a couple of Cayce's biographies, one by Jess Stern, the other was "There is a River" by Thomas Sugahill (?).

Jess Stern's "Yoga, Youth and Reincarnation" is a great one to read on the subject if you haven't. Very accessible and leans heavily on Cayce's work as well.

Wipes crumbs from her lips and :D

SherryZoned

I have the edgar cayce book and can get more at my local bookstore for cheap! I will have to check it out..

napaea

well since cayce is one of the most famous "reincarnationists"
and his books are easily accessible, maybe we should start with something by him.
which one would be most interesting for everyone?
i'm sure a lot of his stuff is in libraries, used bookstores, and could possibly be downloaded from a site, so we don't all have to rush out and buy books. but of course, the more the merrier!

there are 2 other threads started for this study group:
one where you can post suggested or recommended books
and one where you can share stories of your experiences or stories you have heard from others.

*ok, now for the alcohol*

Summerdream

How could I not join???? This is going to be a fun study group. Count me in.

MeeWah

Alissa: A wee correction: There Is A River was by David Sugrue. It is a marvelous introduction to Edgar Cayce's life & work. I no longer have a copy of it but I believe the last chapter is a statement of philosophy.

Alissa

Ah yes, thank you MeeWah -- I knew I was fuzzy on the details!

I also looked up a few more book details.
Edgar Cayce : the Sleeping Prophet -- was the correct title, as I have it in my journal, of the Jess Stern book.

I've read, but don't have a copy of Many Mansions, about 5 years ago or so.

My friend Joanne has been telling me that I simply must read Destiny of the Soul, and Journey of the Soul. I'm glad I found those mentioned for the group too, since I'm keen on reading them. She says they were absolutely amazing.