Camoin Reading Help

satyam

Hi All

I hope this is the right place for this post and that it should not be in the reading help section.

I am new to the Marseille deck and have been following the posts on the Camoin reading method. I know they are a long time ago but hopefully some people on here would be able to still help with my question.

After reading all the posts I wanted to try the method for myself. I had a lot of problems with my mother in the past, a lot of betrayal, hurt and anger. We have not spoken since and she still has no desire to communicate with me. I also don't want her in my life.
My question was how can I let go the feelings of anger and hate towards her and start to heal and find peace in the future.

I was expecting it to be a complicated spread as some in the examples are, my ego I guess. The cards were very simple and I could just see my question reflected in the cards and not really an answer. I know you should look to confirm the question in the cards.

The cards:
La Lune, Le Soleil, Temperance all upright.

I am not sure if I need a card to the left of the moon, the Moons face looks to the left but I feel the main card is central with an upward focus.

So my initial thoughts:
All cards upright, no problems with solutions needed.
All cards have 2 things in them, 2 dogs, 2 children, 2 jugs.
Round objects in the sky with the Moon and Sun. The Moon smaller getting bigger and brighter with the Sun.
The main image in the cards gets bigger through the progression of cards, ending with Temperance filling the whole card.
The Angel in temperance, healing, is looking down at the 2 children with a look of kindness and compassion.

Moon/Sun. Night/Day. Yin/Yang. Mother/Father

La Lune in past, representing the Mother and a dark time with lots of uncertainty, confusion and fears. I do feel she has some mental health issues as well.

Le Soleil in present, building a construction of protection, defences, communication, new life, leaving past difficulties between 2 people.

Temperance in the future, a card of healing and reconciliation of two opposites.

Any help or insights would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

dancing_moon

Welcome to AT Forum, satyam! :)

I'm only briefly familiar with Camoin's reading method, but I'd like to help you anyway.

The cards:
La Lune, Le Soleil, Temperance all upright.

I like your interpretations, actually, so I'd just like to add some of my impressions. :)

The fact that all 3 cards are upright and represent, in your own words, the question rather than the answer makes me think that, perhaps, the question contains the answer already?.. I'll elaborate below. :)

Personally, I'd put another card to the left of the Moon. The Moon points to confusion and misunderstanding between you and your mother, and also delusions. An additional card should, theoretically, have shown you what exactly the misunderstanding/delusion is about, what it is that you need to realize in order to overcome this issue. However, as you didn't find it necessary to put another card there, it can also mean that your mother is confused as such, referring to her possible mental health issues, and that you're confused yourself, trying to find logic in her words and actions.

With the Sun, you'd really like some clarity in the matter. Note how in the Moon, there's a wild field, with 2 separate towers in the distance. There's no protection there, and wild dogs and wolves roam freely through this place. Your mother's behavior probably made you feel really unsafe, so you long for some protection and certainty right now, like the 2 happy children in a brightly-lit garden surrounded by a strong fence.

The Temperance shows the healing process that you'd like to have, but it also sort of sums up the 2 previous cards. The two jugs could be you and your mother interacting freely, or the Moon and the Sun energy mixed and tempered by each other. Perhaps, talking again to your mother isn't an option right now, but you need to bring some clarity into your inner Moon as well. Even if you can't ask your mother why she did what she did, you can certainly ask yourself why you felt how you felt. Why exactly are you angry? What exactly did you think was betrayal? Were there any of her expectations you didn't meet as a child? Were there any of your expectations she didn't meet as a mother? What problems and fears do you think she has? Is there anything you'd like to apologize for or anything you'd like her to apologize for? If you could talk to her now (and she'd just listen), what would you tell her?

I hope you've found any of these ideas helpful. Hope to see you around, especially in the Marseilles section. ;)

satyam

Thanks Dancing Moon for your input and response.

So do you think the Moon faces to the left in general and would normally have another card added. I wonder if there are many more cards that are not so clear if they face a certain direction in the Majors, will have to have a look later.

Yes, I like your suggestion that the answer lies in the question. It was remarkable to me how the cards reflected the question so accurately that it must be relevant.

I have been thinking about the 3 cards today. Its difficult for me to be open for a reconciliation, I really don't think it would happen, but maybe I am blocking the possibility by thinking like that.
I also felt that the cards may be telling me to bring all the deep feelings out into the open and the light of day to be addressed, like you suggested, and maybe temperance could be a therapist, healer or counsellor.

Thanks again for you input

dancing_moon

Yes, and some cards have several 'faces' to choose from, so it's difficult to say which way they're facing. :D In the case of the Moon, it would most likely depend on the situation. If you felt you didn't need another card there, then you probably didn't.

I like your interpretation of the Temperance as a therapist. Perhaps, it's something you should consider.

Wish you fast healing and reconciliation! :)

Rafaël

LA LUNE - LE SOLEIL - TEMPERANCE

Hi Satyam,

In the 'Camoin reading' the Moon card is considered as faceing the reader. So no need to draw another card at the left of it.
I think you pretty well interpreted the three cards. I like to just add a few things:
There is water in all 3 cards: water symbolizes feelings/emotion. In the Moon there's a lot of it and there's a fierce animal in it = anxiety, fears.
You don't mention your father. Yet the father archetype is there next to the mother achetype. Were they separated? --> 2 houses?. Maybe your father left your mother to build a home/business elsewhere?
In the Sun card, the water is streaming. Could stand for heavy emotions.
In Temperance, the water is contained/controled. Temperance indeed stands for a therapist. At her feet one can see the 2 (!) snakes that symbolise medecine.
Would you have a sibling you can talk with? He/she could be helpfull as a counselor or to clarify things from the past. Maybe you had arguments with her/him? It's probably the right time to overcome that.
One nice thing I learned from Camoin is that it's also interesting to look for cards that should have been there but are missing. In this case we have a nice serie that goes up from 18 to 19 and then we would expect 20, but we 'fall' back to 14. And 20 LE JUGEMENT is the card of the happy little family... it totally makes sense that it didn't come out of course. Yet the angel is there... Came down from the cloud to help mediate.
Hope it helps,
Rafaël

satyam

Thanks Rafaël for replying and sharing your amazing insights.

I missed the water as a common symbol in each card, it seems obvious now, but it does feel like I really have to look at the cards carefully to see these connections as I do miss a lot.

I did see the Moon and Sun as Mother and Father but unfortunately I have a very dysfunctional family and cant see the role my father played in this situation, which must sound strange I know.

It is interesting about the number progression. the way you expressed it was amazing. thanks. Really opened my mind a lot.

I love this way of reading, it just ended up a 3 card spread but I got so much from it. I wish there was more on this forum about reading like this and developing these skills as I am just beginning my studies and am very new to it all.

Are there any other resources in English that you can recommend to start learning more.

Rafaël

Hi Satyam,

If you didn't read Jodorowsky's book yet, run to the bookshop now! ;-)
That's the best source to learn more about eventual meanings of these cards.
For the specific Camoin reading, there is his site, it explains the method and gives some clues about the cards meanings.
Cheers,
Rafaël