Where is the Tarocco Bolognese?

BSwett

Looking for this deck. Il Meneghello version is out of print. Been digging through the 'internets' and haven't had any luck.

If anyone here has a clue on where I can find one or wants to get rid of theirs, holler! :)

Peace all y'all,
B

DavidMcCann

The one from the US Games is a facsimile of an 18th century pack which was printed (they say) in Bologna, but is is NOT a Bologna tarot: it's a Marseilles pattern printed for the Milanese market.

The ones at Alida for Dal Negro and Modiano are modern Bolognese packs: only 62 cards, double-ended, and with the mureti for cards 2 to 5.

The only real Bologna pack is the Mitelli. That predates the mureti. It has two popes, the Traitor is a murderer caught in the act instead of a hanged man, and the Trifler (Bagatto) is a dancer instead of a juggler.

BSwett

The one from the US Games is a facsimile of an 18th century pack which was printed (they say) in Bologna, but is is NOT a Bologna tarot: it's a Marseilles pattern printed for the Milanese.

Ok, appreciate the info, but is it the same as the LoS, or similar to the oop meneghello?

gregory

And if you don't want the Mitelli - there IS the Zoni, which often calls itself a Bolognese even though it is TdM-ish. I know there is purism and all that - but it is often referred to as a Bolognese and maybe what BSwett was looking for, as it was published by Il Meneghello.

I do think he actually meant this one rather than a Mitelli, though ?

http://www.arnellart.com/osvaldo/images/cl-t-bologna1.jpg

BSwett

And if you don't want the Mitelli - there IS the Zoni, which often calls itself a Bolognese even though it is TdM-ish. I know there is purism and all that - but it is often referred to as a Bolognese and maybe what BSwett was looking for, as it was published by Il Meneghello.

I do think he actually meant this one rather than a Mitelli, though ?

http://www.arnellart.com/osvaldo/images/cl-t-bologna1.jpg

Yes, that one Gregorio! Oh its breathtakingly beautiful.... (Sigh) Im just looking for an alternative to the LoS version, with the weird light blue edges. (LoS just has to ruin decks with poor edge choices over and over :/ )

gregory

You could trim the LoS one :)