Anino Lenormand

Village Witch

Oh that's why! :D It was supposed to be a flower (for the lady... or gentleman!). Any suggestions on an object to replace it? I can have him not hold anything, though it kinda disrupts the balance of things (since the other three all have their own objects each). Or maybe something that looks more flower-y? Thanks for the feedback! I didn't see the pinwheel resemblance till you pointed it out.

I might be being too picky. It does say "Man" beneath the picture. :-D

I can't decide which deck I like better, this one or the Gravenchase. My budget will only allow for one deck. Augh!!!

blue_fusion

I might be being too picky. It does say "Man" beneath the picture. :-D

I can't decide which deck I like better, this one or the Gravenchase. My budget will only allow for one deck. Augh!!!

Well yeah it does say Man. :D But I'm okay with editing it if it does help make it easier to identify in a GT spread.

Attached below is the edited image. I tried making the object he's holding more flower-y.

Regarding the Gravenchase... I am not sure when I'll finish it (I want to finish it before the year ends. Well, we'll see...). The brainstorming process is quite involved - I want a specific look for the images, unlike with the Anino Lenormand where the the brainstorming process happened simultaneously with doodling.

Attachments

• REVISED MAN.jpg
    REVISED MAN.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 168

BrightEye

I really like the idea of this. And the sepia tint works very well!

How large are your original drawings?

blue_fusion

I really like the idea of this. And the sepia tint works very well!

How large are your original drawings?

Around 1/4 a sheet of A4 - if you can see in one of the photos I attached, there's 4 doodles per A4. It's a nice size to bring along anywhere for a quick doodle. :)

BrightEye

Around 1/4 a sheet of A4 - if you can see in one of the photos I attached, there's 4 doodles per A4. It's a nice size to bring along anywhere for a quick doodle. :)

Roughly A6 then. That's a nice size for drawing on the go!

Village Witch

Well yeah it does say Man. :D But I'm okay with editing it if it does help make it easier to identify in a GT spread.

Attached below is the edited image. I tried making the object he's holding more flower-y.

Regarding the Gravenchase... I am not sure when I'll finish it (I want to finish it before the year ends. Well, we'll see...). The brainstorming process is quite involved - I want a specific look for the images, unlike with the Anino Lenormand where the the brainstorming process happened simultaneously with doodling.

Either one works. I actually think the original looks more flower-y. I'm being wishy-washy here. In the end it is what you are satisfied with.

Your art work is fabulous!

blue_fusion

Apparently digitally cleaning up the images takes time! It's taking around 30-45 minutes per image! :-/

In other news, I have been thinking over alternatives to printing. One of the main concerns expressed by people outside the US interested in the deck is the relatively high international shipping rates if the deck were to be printed in and shipped from the US. I have considered other print-on-demand companies outside the US which have pretty affordable shipping rates - but the printing costs are more than double than that of the Game Crafter's (what I originally intended for as a printer).

Someone else suggested I start an Indiegogo campaign (can't do Kickstarter here :-/) - and I am considering it. It certainly will solve problems - bulk ordering the deck from PS or MPC will have costs close to The Game Crafter's, and will still have affordable shipping rates. It's something I'm mulling over this weekend....

Anyway, here are some other cards - I hope the fox and dog look distinct from each other, as well as the storks and birds.

-Ly

PS Happy weekend everyone! :)

Attachments

• ANINO_COMPARISONS.jpg
    ANINO_COMPARISONS.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 170

Padma

I'm madly in love with your art style :) Dig that beautiful Fox! (and Dog, and Birds, and Stork, and so on and so forth!) :laugh:

Padma

PS maybe have a chat with Seven Stars here? She ships world-wide but not from the States, where she lives. Her decks are lovely, great card stock, and they ship fairly promptly and cheaply. She may have some suggestions for you?