STRANGEST conditions you ever read under...

GotH

At the nail salon while getting my nails done! :D

VGimlet

My husband's work, with the company owner sitting in on the readings. :eek: (He okayed it with the employees I was reading for - but who would tell him no?) The employees had seen me get many decks over the years (I ship them there, because someone is always around to sign for them) and were curious.

I told one woman the big change she was looking for was going to happen. A week later she put in her 2 week notice because she got a new job.

I think the readings went well.

He (the boss) thought it was interesting.

Trogon

Trogon, I do remember you mentioning you did readings at work. I recall your manager/boss(?) a woman there, is also interested in learning tarot. I admit, in a work place like yours, it is strange! :D

Well, to one extent, it might be because I've now been there the longest (over 30 years now) - and everyone is very used to me having them I guess. There isn't anybody left who was there when I first started learning the Tarot.

As for my new supervisor, I haven't had a chance to bring it up again and see how interested she is in picking it up again. It would give us some new common ground to maybe improve communications.

DownUnderNZer

Let me see.....

In a haunted Hotel and haunted Quarantine station.

The first one was with cards and I was asking about the hotel as I had time to kill so anyone in the bar/lounge area would have seen me with my drink and cards, but no one hassled me. So, it was quality time between me, the hotel, and ghostly apparitions.

The other place was in two areas without the use of cards, but I did have divining rods which I was using for the first time. It was a group of us using different methods to see what could be picked up. In the second area though I did not need the rods as I had no problem picking up what had happened there and in which room. It was so bad I could not go passed that room through the kitchen to the bathroom. The bathroom was another no zone area. A lot of children being abused, murdered, and drowned etc.

Opposite a cemetery by about 8 to 10 steps - no way I would do it in one. :bugeyed: But this was due to the cafe being literally that close and facing it in full view.

In a large rock swimming pool in the border ranges - it was so hot I stayed in the pool ALL DAY and read from the side of it for different people as they prepared for a huge New Years party that night. Later, I also read at the party as well only not in the pool that time, but on a balcony underneath a truly beautiful star lit night. By then it was heaps cooler.

A few beaches as well, but I do not think that is strange and would have been with family.

Will think on more......

DND :)

Obsydian

Back galley of a plane on one of the pull out trays from a drink cart. With napkins as the reading cloth.

seven stars

hmm. i've done bars, restaurants, bathrooms, the beach, airplanes, street corners, parks, parties, art galleries, cars, a trampoline, once in a forest, & lotsa bedrooms.

velvetina

here's a random selection

*on train journeys, for other passengers
*on park benches
*in cemeteries, the cards laid out on grave stones
* on beaches, in forests, up on the moors

* dentist waiting rooms
* on my doorstep
* in hotel rooms, over the phone
* in pubs, in cafes, in dark & noisy clubs where I couldn't really be heard so I'd just point at the pictures and do a lot of gesturing!

*in hospital - after I had my first child, I stayed in hospital for a couple of days and read for all the other mothers and a few of the nurses. More recently, I read Tarot whilst having chemotherapy! (it can be quite a boring process, and once it was known I was a tarot reader, a few of the other patients or family members would ask to have their cards read, which was fun)

The thing is, I almost always have a tarot deck with me, and sometimes these spontaneous situations arise. If I'm not in the mood, I'd just say no, but usually it's not a problem.

Ace

At the nail salon while getting my nails done! :D

I read at a nail salon WHILE people were getting their nails (or their feet) done.

Some of you really had the most bizarre experiences. I have read at rock concerts, in the Back of a Toyota Rav 4 (people had to crawl in the back and lay down to get read) in clubs, restaurants and a myriad party venues, but some yours do have me beat.

I DID read a Gas Station clerk at a gas station once. And once I read WITHOUT cards for a couple of friends at a networking event. (I envisioned a card for them (each) and told them what I saw.) They freaked out!

barb

Mystica7

Once I was doing tarot card readings for myself in a cafe, sitted outside, and the deck was the Fairy Ring Oracle by Anna Franklin if that counts. A girl passing by the road on her bicycle was so mesmerized by the sight of the cards, and trying to have a look she crashed right into my car parked on the street...

I dislike doing readings outside, for myself or anyone else for the matter. It grabs a lot of unnecessary attention and I have to be alone in silence doing a reading.

So the strangest thing with me here is, I don't get out of the house, and more often than not, I will read only in my room.

_R_

No personal anecdotes to share but this thread reminded me of the scene in Daniel Pinchbeck's documentary on Alejandro Jodorowsky where the latter gives the former a Tarot reading in an eerie Parisian hotel.

If I am not mistaken, that is the hotel - and in fact, could very well be the very same room (or the one above it) where Oscar Wilde famously died, although the wallpaper has no doubt been changed...

scene begins @ 22:00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHjdy8GvM4