How do you a 3 card spread?!

ilikeskittles

If I'm the one doing the reading, I kind of just slap them down and see what comes to me. No particular order or method in mind. Like you mentioned, sometimes you'll just feel the order or the message of the cards. If I feel the card on the left is the most important, I just go with it. (Unless I'm asking something really specific like using the cards to represent specific people or events or something).

Starstuff

I'm with a lot of the other people in this thread in that I tend to just let the cards speak for themselves in three card spreads - while I generally start the spread with a specific question in mind, I see the three cards as more of a singular answer, rather than three separate answers to three separate aspects of the question. So how I read the answer at that point really depends on that particular instance.

velvet moon

I have two ways. Obe way is; I ask one question and draw three cards. I let the strongest card be the centre regardless of it's position, this could be the one major card or for instance the two or six of cups in a feelings reading will become centre and the remaining two will help show wether it's love, friendship etc - to put it crudely ;)

The other way is to ask three more specific questions regarding one question - example; Did I play well tonight, how did I sound , how did the audience percieve me. Then keave the cards in position of drawing. It's a less effectice and probably over thinking approach though the first usually works more cleanly.

nisaba

Interesting spread! and do you adjust the positions, when specific questions are asked? because this reading may not be suited for certain kind of questions right?

I use this one when musing on the bigger things in life.

Or do you use a different spread for different kind of readings?

Of course. I have a twelve-card spread for general readings, an eight-csrd spread for reltionship issues (thought it gets taken out rarely enough), and various other purpose-built spreads I've designed that I use less frequently.

You were asking about three-card spreads, so that was what I discussed. They have a limited application - if you want to take an in-depth look at all aspects of someone's life they're not very useful.