Question about Borders

Richard

I know all the names, numbers and astrology associations... Time to remove the training wheels ;D

That's exactly what they are, training wheels. Just be careful. I started trimming a vintage Aquarian Tarot and messed it up because the images were not all the same size.

elektrius

Oh no ... do the edges with ' electrum magicum' :)

wow what a beautiful idea [emoji7] do you know anyone that actually made electrum magicum??

Michellehihi

Ok I am ready to trim one of my 2 Thoth. Which one should I trim: the 1986 version by AG Muller or the 1983 version?

Oink

Ok I am ready to trim one of my 2 Thoth. Which one should I trim: the 1986 version by AG Muller or the 1983 version?

I'm not sure what you mean by 1983 version... Is there a white edge around the rose cross back of the cards? If not, those decks don't trim well.

I've trimmed the large 1986 AGM edition several times. It trims down pretty well - "close enough for government work". The images aren't precisely the same size, but it's close enough that it doesn't bother me.

I'm currently trimming one of the newer green box USG edition decks, and so far it seems pretty ideal for trimming. All imperfections in card size have been introduced by me. :D

Michellehihi

I'm not sure what you mean by 1983 version... Is there a white edge around the rose cross back of the cards? If not, those decks don't trim well.

I've trimmed the large 1986 AGM edition several times. It trims down pretty well - "close enough for government work". The images aren't precisely the same size, but it's close enough that it doesn't bother me.

I'm currently trimming one of the newer green box USG edition decks, and so far it seems pretty ideal for trimming. All imperfections in card size have been introduced by me. :D

Ok, thank you! I will trim the 1986 one!

gregory

Is there a white edge around the rose cross back of the cards? If not, those decks don't trim well.
This is the mantra to remember when thinking trimming a Thoth. Tell ALL your friends.

Orione

Thank you to the OP and all contributors to this thread, especially Gregory! I was hoping to find information on trimming the border for the purpose of seeing the projective geometry better. I've not dared to do this before, but you have all convinced me!

Orione

Best. Decision. Ever.

Thank you again. I haven't even gotten around to explore the projective geometry in more detail yet, because the cards just seem to 'pop' without borders and I'm seeing so many details that I've never seen before! It feels like I'm getting to know (and fall in love with) this deck all over again!

I should have done this years ago.

gregory

Aren't they AWESOME with no borders !!!!!