Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 305 : June 3 - June 9

DaughterOfDanu

I'm feeling like working with fae energy again so I'm going to be working with the Wild Wisdom of the Faerie Oracle and I'll choose my tarot later. I may just float when it comes to tarot. I was thinking of working with the Tarot of the Hidden Realm but I tend to use that deck heavily in the fall and want to work with something a little less familiar to me instead.

My week with the Animal Totem Tarot/Nature's Whispers was great. The Animal Totem Tarot is so down to earth with it's messages :) I'll have to come back to it later.

It's been a month and a half since I last bought a deck. Go me! Feeling a splurge coming on soon. I'm really liking the new Oracle of the Unicorns so that definitely will be in my next purchase.

Morwenna

I just got 3 new decks! :bugeyed: Once I go through each one, I'll decide which of them I'm going to work with. It will be one of those.

Scarlet Woodland

Sasuraibito Tarot + AlyZen Lenormand + Absinthe Playing Cards

Thanks for the new thread VG, had a devil of a time trying to choose this week with so many pretty things arriving from an Ebay bargain bonanza :D Think I'm going to save my new antique/y decks for next week as not up to the big trimming jobs yet.

Sticking with the Sasuraibito Tarot after much deliberation, as I really fancy working with the AlyZen Lenormand and they look beautiful together. My shiny new toy will join in for the ride... the Absinthe Playing Cards. Have edged them black already and they look fricking gorgeous!

Luxa

Hi everyone and happy June!

VG thanks for the new thread, it's such a great thread to join and it's helping me draw cards more often!

So many interesting decks again this week, i love reading what you're all using.

Green Faerie, thanks to you I now have The Victorian Fairy at the top of my wish list - what a lovely deck!

Carojulie, i can't believe you're using Dame Darcy's mermaid tarot! I ordered it this week. I'm leaving for Ireland tonight on holiday (can't wait) and was really hoping i could take it with me. It hasn't arrived, but I'm so glad i can hear a bit about it from you! :)

I'm sticking with The Green Witch this week, I'm still getting used to it and having lots of fun. It tells such great stories and is such a practical, warm deck. Just like a green witch should be, i guess! I'm still debating if i need to take more than one deck. If i do I'll add it later.

Scarlet Woodland - hope you're feeling better now!

Luxa - The Green Witch Tarot

DC419

Animal Totem Tarot

I would like to work with my Animal Totem Tarot this week.

Scarlet Woodland

Much better, thanks Luxa :) Have a great time in Ireland!

RavenOfSummer

I'm still trying to decide on a deck for the Midsummer group reading (if you haven't signed up yet and are interested, please check it out here!) So this week I think I'm going to try the Animals Divine, which is a new deck to me, just bought it here on the trade forums a couple of weeks ago :)

Also will be continuing to work on my Voice of the Trees Oracle.

Green Faerie

Green Faerie, thanks to you I now have The Victorian Fairy at the top of my wish list - what a lovely deck!

Luxa, the Victorian Fairy Tarot is my favorite deck. It was also my first deck, and the one that called to me after I spent two hours going through decks and trying to choose. It is a beautiful deck; the man who illustrated it, whose name is escaping me right now, is also a children's book illustrator, and he has the right feel for Victorian detail - all those tiny details on clothing and in rooms and surroundings that said so much about social status, economics, level of education, etc. The artwork is just gorgeous. And I have found that the deck, while beautiful and comforting and warm, also does not hesitate to give you a wake-up call when you need one, to play with your perception of things a little bit (as fairies who take the left-hand way often will!), or to be sharply humorous. In other words, it has an edge that can take you by surprise, much like fairies do. :)

Carojulie

I'm leaving for Ireland tonight on holiday (can't wait)

I'm still debating if i need to take more than one deck. If i do I'll add it later.

Luxa - The Green Witch Tarot

Luxa, if you manage to take only one deck for vacation I will officially be in awe of you ! You should see me when I pack for one littlle week of vacation.... if I manage with no more than 6 tarot decks, 2 lenormands, 1 playing card deck and 1 oracle, I am proud of myself...... :(

Luxa, the Victorian Fairy Tarot is my favorite deck. It was also my first deck, and the one that called to me after I spent two hours going through decks and trying to choose. It is a beautiful deck; the man who illustrated it, whose name is escaping me right now, is also a children's book illustrator, and he has the right feel for Victorian detail - all those tiny details on clothing and in rooms and surroundings that said so much about social status, economics, level of education, etc. The artwork is just gorgeous. And I have found that the deck, while beautiful and comforting and warm, also does not hesitate to give you a wake-up call when you need one, to play with your perception of things a little bit (as fairies who take the left-hand way often will!), or to be sharply humorous. In other words, it has an edge that can take you by surprise, much like fairies do. :)

You are an enabler Green Faerie ! I do have that deck but have not used it in a while, but now after reading what you say about it (and you say it beautifuly) I feel like taking it out of storage ! Maybe it will be my dotw sometime soon (and now that's not 6 but 7 decks that will have to come with me on vacation in july.....)

Green Faerie

You are an enabler Green Faerie ! I do have that deck but have not used it in a while, but now after reading what you say about it (and you say it beautifuly) I feel like taking it out of storage ! Maybe it will be my dotw sometime soon (and now that's not 6 but 7 decks that will have to come with me on vacation in july.....)

I am so glad if what I wrote has inspired you to take out the VFT again. :) I feel as though it does not get enough love as a deck, and it is so incredibly beautiful and wise. (Thank you for the compliment about my writing, too! I appreciate it very much. :love:)