The Gill Tarot

OwlShadow

I'm curious about the Gill Tarot. Does anyone use this deck? What has been your experience with it?

Cerulean

Archived thread from some older users of the deck...

http://www.tarotforum.net/library/15/2002-09/gill-tarot-tarot-of-the-ages-20020905.shtml

It's been years, but I'm glad I finally did buy it when I happened upon a set a few years ago. I may be a little overtired from heat and travel and adjusting to early work hours...but I can be soothed by the quiet mesh of words and pictures. Thanks for bringing the deck up again, I needed a soothing read.

While I like the photocollage Mystical Dreamer and meditative Hudes for introspection, there are times I need very clear and easy oracular decks to soothe me and point me to a restfulness. I use the Celestial lately for study and
some non-illustrated pip decks for analysis.

So Destiny's Oracle and the Gill Tarot gave rest for my restless and overtired soul...

Hope to hear from other fans!

Best,

Cerulean

OwlShadow

Thanks Cerulean. I just got the deck from a local shop. I fell in love with the images. My favorites as of right now are the Hermit and the Queen of Cups.

Cerulean

Study group link and question of Ace of Cups

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=563862

There's a study group link thread above.

And anyone who has the deck, the Ace of Cups is supposed to have a feminine figure in the cup (the book says this--not the LWB, but the bigger book).

I had the card under a window with good light, didn't really see the figure inside the cup portion. Have others seen this?

When I do card pulls, some of the cards I like quite well include 4 of Swords "Rest", the sweetness of the Star...Queen of Pentacles...Justice...I'm liking the silky feel of smoothness in the deck right now.

Best regards,

Cerulean

kaleanna

Cerulean said:
And anyone who has the deck, the Ace of Cups is supposed to have a feminine figure in the cup (the book says this--not the LWB, but the bigger book).

I had the card under a window with good light, didn't really see the figure inside the cup portion. Have others seen this?

Hi All,

I just received this deck and book. Cerulean, I did not see that anyone answered this question. So I thought I would put my two cents in, LOL. I can see the feminine figure but I had to look hard for it. When looking at the card, the feminine figure's head is at the top of the cup left hand side and the body looks to be diagonal in the cup with the legs ending up on the bottom of the cup right hand side. HTH

kaleanna