Wildwood Tarot

oak_woman

I thought I'd start a thread on this upcoming deck, as I've been so excited by the prospect of it since Sidhe-Ra let slip that it is in the pipeline!

For those who didn't see the thread, this will be a new edition of the Greenwood, put together by Mark Ryan (the original author, along with Chesca Potter) and John Matthews. The illustrator is rumoured to be Virginia Lee.

*Is this accurate so far, Em?*

Anyway, I thought it would be good to have a thread where any hopes and comments can be made, and any concrete news posted *umm .... Sidhe-Ra?*

One thing I'm curious about is the input of John Matthews. After all, he is (as far as I know) primarily a Celtic scholar, whereas the original strap-line of the Greenwood described the deck's content as "Pre-Celtic Shamanism of the Mythic Forest". Does this mean the focus will shift a little, I wonder?

(Need it now? Buy the Wildwood Tarot on Amazon.com)

Sidhe-Ra

It's in the very, very early stages! If anything concrete emerges that I'm allowed to share without John (or more likely Mark) assassinating me, I'll let you know! John was pretty involved in the original, so it's not odd that he's more overtly involved with this one.

Em x

Guiding Cauldron

I have to say I'm curious :)

HearthCricket

Guiding Cauldron said:
I have to say I'm curious :)

I am very curious! I look forward to seeing where they will go with this deck and how the artwork clicks to the meanings. I love my Greenwoods, but a nicely done new version could be just as interesting to work with, so I am intruiged!

Sophie

OMG!!! Can't wait to see the early progress if and when you are ready to share it, Em :)

MysticalMoose

What a thrilling prospect! I shall also be excitedly awaiting further news on this one!

MM :)

souljourney

This is awesome news!!!

Jyscal

I dont own any of these decks yet, but will definately keep tabs on this one. A friend of mine has the Sacred circle, but im not sure will be similiar to this, with a Celtic backround? Very interesting!

starlightexp

EEEEEEE so excting!

AJ

oak_woman said:
For those who didn't see the thread, this will be a new edition of the Greenwood, put together by Mark Ryan (the original author, along with Chesca Potter) and John Matthews. The illustrator is rumoured to be Virginia Lee.
The same only different eh?