Blockage Spread (4 Cards)

Glastonbury Ed

Here's a little 4 card spread I came up with and have used to good effect and shared with a friend. Thought I 'd share it here now I know it works well!

It can be used in any situation where you feel that something has become blocked or is preventing you from progressing. It can also be used to give insights on a general or unknown blockage.

Such things could be as simple as the effect of ones living space on how we function or as major as someone deliberately stifling your development.

Pay attention to where any Major arcana appear as they can indicated the severity of the blockage or its effects.

**1**2**3**4**

1) Origin of the blockage/why it has come about
2) Current nature of the blockage
3) Resultant effects of blockage
4) Advice on how to clear blockage and move on

I hope someone finds it useful.

Ais

I like the look of this spread! Every reading I do, for almost every aspect of my life, seems to tell me that I'm being trapped and blocked in some way, but I have no idea how! Thanks for posting this :)

oak_woman

Hi - I'm becoming quite an 'Ed's Spreads' groupie, aren't I?

While I'm looking forward to thinking about another sacred-site-based spread with you (the last one was so much fun) I will definitely try this spread meanwhile. It just looks like a lovely no-nonsense layout and the positional meanings seem potentially revealing. Nice to have a compact spread sometimes, and with only four positions to ponder over, there should be space for thinking about the relationships in some depth.

Thanks! :)

Moonsparkle

Hah! I was just pondering a "why am I blocked" question as I sat here at my computer. I think I will go try this straight away. Very to the point. Thanks. :)

Wisdom Moon

Blockage Spread

Ed,

Keep in mind that what we obsess about is usually what blocks us.

Wisdom Moon

souljourney

This looks really good. I need to try this on myself and other people who get readings from me.
Thanks...

Sinduction

Very insightful. I used the Transparent tarot. Great spread. :D

Lewen

Thank you for sharing, I look forward to doing this spread soon.

oak_woman

I had a go at this spread last night, using the Shining Woman tarot. It worked well! The thing I like most about it is that I would never have thought of creating a spread on this subject myself, yet it's a problem that so many people have.

At first the four cards didn't make much sense to me, but thinking about it over a period of time, it's all becoming clearer! And the advice card was the Five of Rivers. I know the Five of Cups isn't always a very positive sign, but in the Shining Woman/Tribe it shows a flowing river with a bird's head spiralling away, and five fish swimming around, adapting themselves to the shape of the river. A perfect way to represent going with the flow in order to move away from the blockage, don't you think?

Glastonbury Ed

I'm glad that the spread has been so positively received. It really does seem to work very nicely.

Oak Womans point is interesting because that's 3 people I know of (including myself) that have been a little stumped on the 4th card and then had a revelationary experince with it (like a blockage clearing perhaps?!) It seems that the 4th card will speak very intuitively.