Victorian Flower Oracle: Cactus

.traveller.

Cactus
a prickly situation

Image: A Cactus lady stands, one hand on a stove, the other on her hip, in a tropical setting.

She's not a desert cactus, but rather, a tropical variety. Commonly sold as Easter or Christmas Cactus in America, perhaps elsewhere as well. Flower language "my heart burns for you".

Barbaras Ahajusts

Oh I like that! "My heart burns for you!"

With that aloe-vera plant at her feet, Not only does she spout out a heated statement, a declaration of what she can do to & for you or them, she is letting you know she can heal you, if you let her! (Or get out of her damn way!)

This lady knows her mind, knows what she wants and I am thinking she can and WILL DO IT, too! This is why she is someone to deal with. Reminds me of a meddling mother in law, or someone who needs to help others whether she makes them uncomfortable or not in the process.

I love the way this Easter Cactus leans on that stove setting outside! :laugh: Now that is dedication to the hilt! Check out her hand on her hip! "MAMA IS HERE, HONEY! ALL IS FINE!"

:laugh::D:D:D:D

Barbara

Edited to add;
With her being a holiday Catus, I'm wondering if this does show an emotional attachment of someones? A family member, especially.

.traveller.

I see this as someone beautiful, but hard to approach. Not due to conceit on their part, but hard to approach because they are so confident and bold.

thinking on the Easter cactus (the one on my windowsill) when it isn't in bloom... interesting but not very decorative.
Perhaps this card could advise someone to put some effort into their appearance... that they could be gorgeous if they tried just a little.

Barbaras Ahajusts

.traveller. said:
I see this as someone beautiful, but hard to approach. Not due to conceit on their part, but hard to approach because they are so confident and bold.

thinking on the Easter cactus (the one on my windowsill) when it isn't in bloom... interesting but not very decorative.
Perhaps this card could advise someone to put some effort into their appearance... that they could be gorgeous if they tried just a little.
And maybe those around her know her inner beauty (tolerates her boldness in lue of it) & it's the others that don't see her for the plain-ness that she does show the world?

.traveller.

I'm on a kick matching up nationalities to the flowers, so this one says South American to me.