Deviant Moon Tarot question

Briar Rose

I use mine all the time. It got voted #1 for 2008. It's amazing.

Marcalic

I'm actually quite drawn the that deck, but I seem to like the really obscure things in life so that it probably why. I saw pictures the other night ago and I just loved artwork. To each their own I guess.=]

Golden Moon

I have not read with it yey, as I'm making a personal journal dedicated for the deviant moon only, but its very appealing.

zan_chan

I got the Deviant Moon as a birthday gift from my mother back in October. I opened it up, had a look through each of the images, thought, "Oh this is so cool!" and put it on the shelf, where it has rested ever since.

Oddly, whenever I see a scan of it somewhere, I think to myself, "ooh, I want to get a copy of that someday," completely forgetting that its sitting right here on the shelf next to me. There's a very odd discrepancy to me somehow between the scans and the actual deck. It seems to lack any sense of life when I look at it in person.

Maybe its really just not my style?

DaisyDragonfly

:) All of which goes to show that it's impossible to know how you'll react to the deck until you get it! Mine was the opposite experience to Zan's: I couldn't decide whether to buy it or not, the scans looked interesting but nothing worth getting excited about.

In the end, I bought one directly from Patrick - the illustrated wrapping and signature was enough to tempt me! - and, when I held the deck in my hand, I was blown away by its vibrancy, by its strength, by its life.

In other words... you won't know, really, until you have it in your hand and trying it out for the first time :)

Flaxen

My Deviant Moon arrived this morning and I've been getting to know it.

So far it is proving very insightful and accurate. I love the surreal nature of the artwork although it is very different from the style I would usually go for. Like you I wasn't sure if it was really me when I first saw the images online but kept getting drawn back to them.

I'm glad I took a chance on them. My new deck interview suggests we will have a very fruitful relationship. Here's hoping! :)

Myrrha

I just did my new deck interview with the Deviant Moon, after using for daily draws for about a week. Those are some talkative little people in that deck!

The deck told me that it didn't want me to stretch to interpret the cards, just listen to what they have to say and that it would give concrete, practical answers to questions. The card for "your weaknesses as a deck" was the Five of Swords which cracked me up (if you don't have the Deviant Moon, this card shows a person sticking his tongue out, very cheeky). I have a new friend!

missy

kaleanna said:
Hello,

I keep seeming to pick up deviant moon but then I put it back down again. Please tell me about the Deviant Moon Tarot and what your experiences with it has been. I am not sure why I kinda seem drawn to it but then end up not getting it.

Thanks

kaleanna

Hi kaleanna, :)

I don't know if you have actually seen all of the cards, but you can see them here:

http://arcanaxv.multiply.com/photos/album/49/Deviant_Moon_Tarot

I didn't relate to the scans when I saw them. I thought I would not like the deck. I even posted to that effect. But then I read about the characters having vulnerability, and I decided to give the deck a chance.

When I got it, I LOVED looking through the cards. :love: And my first reading ... BAM!

The secret to this deck and getting to know it is reading with it. It cannot sit on a shelf.

As some have said, you won't know until you try it out for yourself. Listen to your inner self for guidance and you'll find your answer. Some decks are right for some, and not right for others! You'll sort it out.

:heart:

missy

zan_chan said:
I got the Deviant Moon as a birthday gift from my mother back in October. I opened it up, had a look through each of the images, thought, "Oh this is so cool!" and put it on the shelf, where it has rested ever since.

Oddly, whenever I see a scan of it somewhere, I think to myself, "ooh, I want to get a copy of that someday," completely forgetting that its sitting right here on the shelf next to me. There's a very odd discrepancy to me somehow between the scans and the actual deck. It seems to lack any sense of life when I look at it in person.

Maybe its really just not my style?

zan, just curious. Did you ever actually do a reading with it?

But you're probably still in the midst of your Haindl IDS; yep.

Well, when you are able, ;) give it a whirl. You might be surprised! :surprise:

missy

nisaba said:
I bought it, thinking it was an interesting-looking dark deck, and I was amazingly disappointed in it. Not horrified, not revulsed, I just felt a big, fat nothing.

I eventually loaned it to the teenage daughter of a friend of mine, who claims to be enjoying it and says she loves it - but it sits on a shelf for months on end, doing nothing.

nisaba, again I'm just curious, did you try reading with the deck? :)

And do you know if the teenager reads with it?

For me, it is amazing in readings. Just wondered if you felt a "big, fat nothing" from reading with it. Even if someone didn't like what they heard, I can't imagine a "bit, fat nothing" from this deck. :D But I am in the mood for a good nisaba tale, so do share! If it gave you nothing, I do want to know!

:heart: