Has Anyone Trimmed the Shining Tribe Tarot?

AJ

they do look very nice trimmed, thank you for sharing the finished images. I look at those though and the only card I recognize as tarot is the knight in the lower left and I couldn't say which suit it is :) And I've used this deck a lot.

thanks again!

hunter

hmm...I just memorized this deck instantly as I was trimming it. And knowing my memory loss issues in general...it is kinda weird now that I look at the images, and try to see them from another perspective. I don't know :-0

Mojo Twin 2

I honor and admire your bravery! Of course it's safer to trim a deck that is in print.

I seem to operate similarly to a lot of responses to this thread as I need to feel I really KNOW a deck before trimming. I've trimmed a Thoth, a RWS, and a Druidcraft, althought that was just trimming off the white, I left the titles.

The cards in this deck are so alien to me right now that it would be more like an oracle deck without the titles. However, I can't think of a better "Intensive Deck Learning System!"

They do look quite lovely trimmed. I don't know.... Nah, I really need to get more familiar with this deck.

hunter

Right now I just cannot really zone in on just one deck. I have 2 strong needs right now. 1 to ground. 2 to self-soothe. These overlap a bit, but are different.

To ground I'm using the Shining Tribe and Jamie Sams oracles, Sacred Path and Medicine Cards.

To self-soothe I like my purple deck, the Zerner-Farber and The Tarot of Transformation.

And every once in awhile the bunnies (Rabbit Tarot) call me, when I want to be enabled, and the pocket Goddess is just perfect for moon phase readings.

I need them all right now, i've found. So the Shining Tribe is the newest member to the team, but cannot do it all. I'm awfully needy right now and need a full team :)

Cat*

Thanks for posting the scans of the trimmed cards, hunter!

They really do look nice! Even though I used the Shining Tribe for a while last summer, I'm not very sure about any of the card titles - except the Sun at the bottom right. Oh, wait, and top middle is Death. I think. The one with the horse on the bottom left is Strength, I believe, and the one next to that might be the Empress. (I could just go and check my own deck or book, but I like the guessing game right now... :D)

Anyway, I'm tempted to get another copy of the deck just to trim it (this is one deck where I would like to have both versions). As others have said already, it really does become more of an oracle, but in this one case I believe that would make reading with it actually easier for me :bugeyed: (I'm otherwise not much of an oracle person)... Does anyone have a spare copy they'd like to get rid off for cheap? :)

hunter

Good guesses! The horse is 8 of stones. You are remembering that the lion in strength certainly does look like a horse.

See, even after months later, without attempting to memorize the cards, they stuck. These cards are memorable.