Druidcraft: Question(s) on editions

LavenderLibra

I've been searching, but haven't been able to find any information specific to my curiosity, so forgive me, maybe I just didn't search long enough.

From what I can figure, it looks like the Druidcraft is going to be available Feb. 1 as deck only. Does this mean they will stop selling the kit? I wonder if there will be any change in the cards from the previous edition?

Also, how many editions of the Druidcraft are there? If there are more than one, are there any differences that would make one more enjoyable than another?

I'm just wondering whether to get a currently available set, or if it is worth my while to hunt out an older version... I really like the Druid Animal set, and will get the Plant one at some point.

**~LL~**

divinemsm

I am not really sure. I got my Druidcraft kit last year. It has a copy right of 2004. I have no clue as to how to tell if something is a first edition, something I should probably learn. That being said.
I highy suggest buying the kit with the book. The book is really nice, covers the usual stuff thoroughly, along with some really nice graphic and spreads. You willl kick yourself if you get just the deck and then have to hunt down a book, which is really hard to do often times. I have several decks that I would love to have the books for, but can't seem to find them, at least for a reasonable price.

Le Fanu

The Druid Craft set has been available as a deck only for ages. I bought one about a year ago. Or more. I had it, traded it and had almost forgotten about it till you mentioned it!

So if the kit were to go OOP, it would probably have happened before now...

I always think mine is an older verison. People complained about the backs being different shades, but mine has uniform backs and excellent cardstock. No idea what edition it is though.

fferyllt

Le Fanu said:
The Druid Craft set has been available as a deck only for ages. I bought one about a year ago. Or more. I had it, traded it and had almost forgotten about it till you mentioned it!

The DruidCraft has not been available as a deck only in the US. A US publisher is only now bringing out an edition on February 1st.

The Druid Animal Oracle was published as a deck only a couple of years ago and now there are both set and deck only available in the US, so I'm guessing it will be the same for the DruidCraft. But it's hard to say for sure. I'm not sure the publisher of the kits is the same as the publisher of the decks only. We'll see when the new deck comes out. It will be nice to have the option to buy a backup copy without buying the whole kit again! :)

Yasmin

I had read about the discolorations and missing card problems on other threads here and was reluctant to buy Druidcraft. I had also recently read on amazon.com that the creators were going to start having the kit printed in China in hopes of cutting down on all the problems and complaints with the deck.

So....just this week, I was in a bookstore that had a DC. On the back, it stated that it had been printed in China. This reduced my anxiety in buying the deck.

I told the clerk that I wanted the deck and asked if I could go through it just to be sure everything was there. Everything was there, all the backs had continuous color and the card stock was quite acceptable.

Looking at the book in the kit, it says "first edition, 2004." Hope that helps! :)

Le Fanu

For those who haven't seen a Druuid Craft deck only, it comes in a two part lift-off box and there is a very thick LWB (with spine, so it isn't just a pamphlet) and it is printed in pale red, detailing all the card meanings, exactly the same as the larger kit version of the book. It just omits the rest of the text and only includes card meanings and (if I remember rightly, monochrome images of the cards)

Majecot

I bought both of my sets when it was first released here. Trimmed one and last year sold the other one. I have been thinking about getting another uncut version, just because. Good they have a deck only version because I don't really need another book.

souljourney

I got my Druidcraft around when they came out, and then about 2 years ago I saw a whole mess of them at Half Price Books! I got like 3 sets for $9.00 each. Great gifts and a back up copy too!

They all say 2004.

Majecot

souljourney said:
I got my Druidcraft around when they came out, and then about 2 years ago I saw a whole mess of them at Half Price Books! I got like 3 sets for $9.00 each. Great gifts and a back up copy too!

They all say 2004.

Super Deal! I never think to look there.

BlueDragonfly

My DruidCraft Tarot arrived on Friday(1-15), ordered through Amazon. The copyright date is 2004, printed and bound in China. Inside the book cover, it says First St. Martin's Edition, 2004.

I love it!