Illuminated tarot

FLizarraga

An intriguing deck, methinks. The Lovers card is a little confusing, as the sun features quite prominently in the card, and the lovers themselves seem to be two man (or a man and a muscular woman in desperate need of a manicure), and for me 2 guys + the sun = the Sun card. Not a deal breaker, though; just an observation.

The link to the Kickstarter is broken.

Tibor

Reminds me of the Morgan Greer a bit. I like it but won't be investing until it actually comes to fruition.

Lain_82

Has anyone who supported this deck on kickstarter received it already? I'm waiting for mine but wanted to hear first impressions from other people :)

Farzon

Has anyone who supported this deck on kickstarter received it already? I'm waiting for mine but wanted to hear first impressions from other people :)
I missed the campaign, but luckily there is the opportunity to order some decks by mail... I'll report my experience as soon as my copy arrives! :)

FleurMai

First Impressions Review

I just received mine in the mail and have only had time for a quick flip through but I thought I'd give my impressions! When I first saw the box I was immediately terrified to open it - the box was so thin! And I adore really thick cardstock. Interestingly enough, once I opened it I was rather shocked. The matte finish on the card feels lovely and adds a bit of a plastic-sturdy feel to the cardstock. It's still more bendy than I'd like, but it doesn't feel like it will chip super easily like my Linestrider, but that remains to be seen.
The colors are lovely. I hadn't even realized it was a borderless deck until I saw the images - and what a good choice that was! I always worry that the photos online won't be true to the real thing, but not in this case. The colors are vibrant and the images fairly crisp. All-in-all I'm extremely pleased and I hope my readings are true to my first impressions as well.

Lain_82

Finally my deck arrived last week, and I'm super impressed. The card stock is bendy but feels great when I shuffle, and it has a very strong energy that contrasts great with more delicate-looking decks. And the few readings I've done with it so far have been quite insightful.

Farzon

I received mine last week. I've seen better card stock, but the graphics are very powerful and impressive. So far it also works great for readings!

I really appreciate that this is a borderless deck. It strengthens the card's impact. If there is something that bothers me, it's the missing possibility to distinguish majors and minors. On the other hand that means that the minors don't fall back behind the quality of the majors.