Deviant Moon Tarot

Little Hare

6 Haunted Days said:
I know Amazon is taking pre-order's but they take pre-orders for sometimes 5 months before a deck comes out, so who has any idea? Let's hope the release date shown on Amazon has some basis in reality and not just a date USG threw at them as they sometimes do.

WOAH! Sometimes 5 months! :0 well i hope from all the people pre-ordering it they put it out quicker }) i can't wait to get my hott little mitts on it in Australia... hehehehehe can i be so bold as to say i'm going to be the first aussie to get a copy... :heart:

Looking at the pictures.. This deck is really something fresh and new and I have now have to retract my statement ( as Spinxmoth said) that 'I don't like computer-realized decks' This one looks amazing....

lunakasha

6 Haunted Days said:
Well for an update....Jeanette at TG has heard nothing from USG about the DM...they've said the next scheduled release is the Sacred Art Tarot..."any day now". I know Amazon is taking pre-order's but they take pre-orders for sometimes 5 months before a deck comes out, so who has any idea? Let's hope the release date shown on Amazon has some basis in reality and not just a date USG threw at them as they sometimes do.

I hear ya....amazon is known to be *flaky* when it comes to release dates on preorders, but I had to do it anyway....hoping they got it right this time.

And Luna...blasphemy!!! The Bohemian Gothic has lost it's 1st place? How fickle thee are ;)

*blushing* YES....I can be that way sometimes, LOL! :|

But seriously, the Deviant Moon is THAT impressive....it has really knocked me for a loop, and that doesn't happen often....
for me anyway. I am smitten I tell ya! :love: }) (no offense intended to the Dark Sister, 6HD!)

~Luna

The 78th Fool

lunakasha said:
But seriously, the Deviant Moon is THAT impressive....it has really knocked me for a loop, and that doesn't happen often....
for me anyway. I am smitten I tell ya! :love: })

I felt the same about this deck too. There are a number of Tarot decks really dear to my heart but I think I've only ever felt this excited once before and that was when I saw the first images from the Gilded Tarot. Patrick's work is quite amazing and speaking as a digital artist myself, when I see something this spectacular it really challenges me to try and up the standard of my own work to a new level.

Chris. xx

shadowdancer

I think I remember reading on his webpage that it is due for a December release?? I am guessing if the publishers don't have a date it has been set back a while.

No worries though. I have learned not to salivate over decks any more and to wait patiently. The ones that have been must haves have often turned out to disappoint because I set my expectations too high.

There is plenty more I already own that I must not forget, and many of them are worthy decks for sure.

Still looks a cool deck though :D :D

Sphinxmoth

however long it takes, that's how long I'll wait. anticipation, as they say,
is half the fun. a little tingly torture can go a long way..

this deck looks to completely quell the pathetic wailing and gnashing
that goes on in my head whenever I think of the never-to-be-gotten
Kinoko Tarot. this will permanently put a bandaid over that owwie,
when it seemed to be unassuagable.
(no, no pressure on you, Moonboy, as far as my expectations go lol)

i, too, preordered at Amazon. let em kick it off the list later if they will,
like they did my Golden Botticelli, I have the tenacity of a gila monster,
they will be in my hot little hands someday...

wytchwood

Sulis said:
This deck looks gorgeous and it has a very Tim Burtonesque feel to it. I particularly like the gothic looking belly dancer.

It's dark and a little disturbing but in a good way. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the cards on your website Moonboy :)

Congratulations on getting it published

Tim Burton-esque- yes!!! that's it, I couldn't think what it was making me think of but that is it!

Zoe xx

IndigoWonders

Absolutely brilliant! I don't even have to think about wanting this one. It's a keeper for sure.

6 Haunted Days

lunakasha said:
I hear ya....amazon is known to be *flaky* when it comes to release dates on preorders, but I had to do it anyway....hoping they got it right this time.

*blushing* YES....I can be that way sometimes, LOL! :|

for me anyway. I am smitten I tell ya! :love: }) (no offense intended to the Dark Sister, 6HD!)

~Luna

Yes I sure do hope all goes smoothly and we all get this deck as the 1st deck of 2008! That'd be glorious. The images are just resplendent, magical, disquieting and ingenious.

The Deviant Moon is that impressive and I think looks like no other deck out there, period. I am amazed and curious as to why it's been kept so much under wraps! Part of it's deviant mystique perhaps?

No offense taken about the BG, no worries there! It's a very personal deck for me, one I've been waiting to see happen my whole life. While I am anxious to get my mitts on the Deviant Moon and stare at her enthralling images, for me it doesn't have that same life-long deep pull the dark sister has....it's all just personal taste.

Frankly between the Bohemian Gothic, Robert Place's Vampire deck and the Deviant Moon... the coming year in tarot releases is like some nirvana dream year for me! :D What did we ever do to deserve such wonderous goodness?!

ETA: Oh wow was I confused! I wasn't aware there were 2 threads on this, 1 in Creation and 1 in Decks :laugh:

Quester

This is another "MUST HAVE!" My wish list just gets longer...and longer...and longer.

Nimue

What an amazing deck! I agree about the uniqueness of the artwork. I'm adding this one to my wish list as well. This may very well be my first Tarot purchase of 2008.