I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

:heart::)...OMG!!! I can't believe what I just went through since my last post here!!! :eek::bugeyed:

INTERNET CONNECTION...CAPUT ON LAPTOP...However it is now working one of my other
'older' desktop systems. I just spent yesterday and today so far trying to get some kind
of internet connection back onto my laptop...no go!!!

That means a couple days of delay for my creation process!!!...because the system I am
on right now is so slow compared to my newer laptop...YIKES...I think it is because I used
to do a LOT and TONS of graphics on this desktop!...so that means I have to spend a day
or so cleaning up old files on here...stuff I don't really want to delete...I will have to look
through all my files on here and see what I can put over on my portable hard drive...
thank goodness I have that drive. The main problem is that there is over 4 MILLION files on here
and I have needed to go through them for a long time...YIKES... I think I need to set up my
late hubby's desktop computer that is faster...but has all of his GIANT engineering software still on it :bugeyed:
Plus I have about 2 million files of my own on his computer as well! :bugeyed:

So anyway I look at it, it is going to take a couple of days to get this all sorted!!!

I need a fairly fast computer to work on these bear graphics, etc.

So what I am saying, everyone, is that please 'bear' with me while I fix it all! :p
I WILL be okay...as my late father used to say (all the time): "Where there is a will, there is a way!"

Right now I have cables and wires all bungled up between 3 computer systems...so I need
to get them all straightened out and I will need to REVAMP my present computing AREA
and put whatever desktop I decide to use in that area so I can get back to my bears!
So a lot of patience IS needed (and any prayers and positive thoughts would help too!)

I will also need to install my new graphic software onto the desktop computer I am going to be using.

If this all had to happen (laptop/net connection failure) then it was best to happen now and
not when I would be almost finished with the cards close to xmas...better now!:) Blessing in disguise? LOL :laugh:

Now I probably need to get a new laptop...$$$ (this one is 3 yrs old and I used it almost 24/7 every day! :bugeyed: )
...but right now it is time for saving for property taxes, house insurance, car licensing, car insurance,
propane payments, and the list goes on. Towards the end of the year is not the time to buy
a new laptop (for me anyway)... so...I will make with do what I have. It will be fine. Actually
I am enjoying the SOLID feeling of the desktop keyboard......much better than a laptop keyboard!

I am sure there is a GOOD LESSON for me in all of this...I was flying high with those bears
and they were going really fast and good...I thought... maybe ego got in there somewhere? eeekkk
AND now I am at the total mercy of the Spirits in my life...they shall do ALL the work through
me and it will no longer be me that is doing it!!! (except my humanness will still probably get into the way again!:bugeyed:)

I've always said that the ONLY problems I really have are the 'mechanics' of this world...mechanical and electronic things! YIKES!!!
Good thing I am a computer geek! :laugh:

I want to tell you one more thing.
It really IS a very DIFFERENT world WITHOUT your computer being connected to the net!!!
It feels like you are basically cut off from the rest of the world! You are not, but when your
net connection stops...it just seems that way at first :laugh: Then you calm down and look
around you and you are still the same person with the same house, etc. :laugh:

Know what I mean?

Me and my bears will be back in no time :):thumbsup:
I have 13 1/2 cards completed so far...so I can't wait to get back to the creation process!

@GryffinSong:

Just remember ... save early, save often. I've lost too many stories, art, reports, etc., to go through an entire process without saving it to disk multiple times. :)

I continue to love your cards. Just one little thing, which may or may not bug you. I find the knight a little large for his horse. My immediate thought was, omg, please don't squish your horse, handsome knight! :heart:
:heart: GryffinSong, you are so RIGHT...about saving your work often...and I usually do...
it is just that it was so late and I was so engrossed...and not thinking properly, plus I was
so into my wands knight...he was adorable. Messed up...big time.

Anyway all is not lost I have recreated the bear again, but not quite finished.

RE: Knight of Coins
You know, I think you are right that the size proportions between the bear and the horse
are not quite right...Bear needs to be a little smaller and I also think the horse's head needs
to be a little bigger...I can fix that easily...

Thank you so much for your honesty...I really do need to hear what everyone sees because
sometimes I work on something so long that I really don't see it right.

I also think I was pushing myself so hard on getting this deck done, that the Spirits decided
that I need to be stopped in my tracks, for a day or two, to get a better perspective...
...thus the internet connection problems...and I NEED that connection to retrieve various images
that I have to splice/dice and manipulate and add to my cards...

So, I will be in touch with you all as soon as I have resolved which computer, etc. I will use.

:heart: Love and miss you all!
BIG BEAR HUGS FOR EVERYONE!
tarotlyn

GryffinSong

(((tarotlyn))) Best of luck to you on your computer woes, and I wish you the rest you need to recharge your creative batteries. :heart: I find that I need that cycle of productive days and quiet days to keep the creative juices fresh, so I know exactly what you mean. On quiet days I might sketch a little, or look at fabrics, but for the most part do other things to give my brain a rest. Then my energy comes back and it just flows.

MoonGypsy

Wow, Lynnie! i am exhausted just >imagining< what you have been dealing with...wowee! :love: i am sending extra healing hugs and bubbles filled with glitter and giggles! :D Try and get some rest and recharge...i know you are so intensely creative and focused that hours and hours go by without a break...so... this IS a very good time to take a very well deserved and needed bear break! :love: We'll "bear" with you, of course! :p We'll still be here...;)

Hugs and Blessings of Peace and Prosperity,
MoonGypsy xxx

Quester

Sending positive energy your way!! (((Tarotlyn)) :heart:

tarotlyn

:):heart: Wow...this is the 3rd time I have tried to write this! :bugeyed:
...keep getting sidetracked...

Decided on using late husband's computer...it is really fast!!! He only used it for about 2 months (lightly)
and it was special built for handling games and graphics. It is almost NEW. Plus I now have
a really solid regular sized keyboard and a larger screen. His panel display was new also...
...so in a sense, this is just like getting a new high powered computer! I haven't even
cleaned out his old engineering software yet...those are GIANT programs...so this may end
up being even be faster. :party:
(I decided not to use my older desktop because it is pretty slow compared to this one!)

I did have some problems installing my newer printer though, but all fixed now, but message
said it wouldn't be as high speed as on my newer laptop. Computer stuff keeps changing and updating!!!...
...and costing more as well...but we have to keep up with it all.

So I have taped down the Michael's desktop flat planel screen and the keyboard to my airdesk...LOL
(airdesk is a shelf...for laptops...that is swivel and comes over my 'cushy recliner chair'...
...and I just push it to the side when I want to get out of the chair...so fantastic!) It is
working perfectly...I am happy with it.

I have NOT had any resting or vacation time since my last posted bear card!!! It has been
all wires, cables, moving furniture, downloading browsers...etc. YIKES!!! I AM exhausted!

I am still trying to connect speakers...I watch youtube 'information' videos and I need speakers to work.
Maybe need new speakers.

One of the other things, I need to fix a file in windows so I can get into my 'control panel'
without shutting down the operating system :bugeyed:...not sure what is causing that, but
I have researched it and just found someone that is telling me how to fix it...so there is that
yet to do.

I also need to get 'StopZilla' software on here for double protection...can do that later.
It is only $9.95...but I forgot that they charge you $39.95 and then send you a $30 rebate check.
It takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get the check. Anyway, I downloaded the demo and it will
be working for about a 1 1/2 weeks, then I will purchase when the demo runs out.

I also have to upgrade my graphics program on here to keep working on the bears.

Not quite ready yet to get back to creating...but almost there....will need a day of rest
after all of this happening!!!

Should be back to the bears by Sunday, I think...I will try to rest up tomorrow :):thumbsup:

Just wanted to let everyone know what I am doing :bugeyed:
:heart:tarotlyn

@GryffinSong:
(((tarotlyn))) Best of luck to you on your computer woes, and I wish you the rest you need to recharge your creative batteries. :heart: I find that I need that cycle of productive days and quiet days to keep the creative juices fresh, so I know exactly what you mean. On quiet days I might sketch a little, or look at fabrics, but for the most part do other things to give my brain a rest. Then my energy comes back and it just flows.
You are right, but I think I need tomorrow for resting...I am exhausted from all the RE-setting up
computers...etc...stuff and cables, all over the place...I have straightened up most of it,
but I have a little more to do. :heart: Thanks for the great tips!

@MoonGypsy...my sis!
Wow, Lynnie! i am exhausted just >imagining< what you have been dealing with...wowee! :love: i am sending extra healing hugs and bubbles filled with glitter and giggles! :D Try and get some rest and recharge...i know you are so intensely creative and focused that hours and hours go by without a break...so... this IS a very good time to take a very well deserved and needed bear break! :love: We'll "bear" with you, of course! :p We'll still be here...;)

Hugs and Blessings of Peace and Prosperity,
MoonGypsy xxx

Thanks! Sis...the sound of 'glitter wishes' perked me right up :laugh: Ha Ha
...and you are right, I was so intense when working on those previous bears, that I didn't
eat much or drink enough water...so I will have to try to rest more in the future as I work
on these little guys!
:* my sis, thank you!

@Quester:
Sending positive energy your way!! (((Tarotlyn)) :heart:
I needed all the positive energy I could recieve...got it ... :heart: thank you!

tarotlyn

:heart: wow...I just had a little scare! :bugeyed:... my portable hard drive (almost) didn't work
on this computer...then I updated the driver...(all the while hoping I didn't mess up my
little portable with all my bears on it)...and finally it worked!!! YAY!!! :party: I am copying all my
finished bear cards and also the project bear cards that I use in case I need to go back and
change something on them...PLUS all the bear photos I have collected...hundreds and hundreds!!! :bugeyed:

I would have had to just about have started over with a lot of things...as it is, all the things
I saved on my laptop graphic software I can use on here...I might try to see if I can get them
from the portable hard drive...right out of the program files and hope I don't mess something
else up! LOL :laugh: I have been very lucky so far!

I just purchased and installed the graphics program I needed on here, so that is a good thing
because I can get back to creating the bears by Sunday...maybe even a little tomorrow...
I would like to finish up my poor little 'wandering' 'roaming' (wherever he went?!!) knight of wands!

He is really being true to form...a wander, a roamer for sure!!! LOL :laugh:
...anyway...I am not going to let him get away this time! Ha Ha

Anyway, it feels really good :party: to be getting everything back in order and up and running again.
That is the thing about the newer computers (laptops especially)...they are made so cheap
and I think a lot of the plastic parts are made to wear out within 2 to 3 years so you have
to buy another one! There is no end to mechanical things and electronic component updates :eek:

Thank you :heart: everyone for sending your good positive thoughts, love, and prayers to me
because I felt them all the way while I was being swamped with computer cables, house upside down
with unbelievable things happening over here, and computer browser and other software updates,
software purchasing, etc. to get this computer ready to go!

Tonight I can happily say...it's all working perfectly now...I am just transferring my bears
to this computer right now...so soon...I will be back with a cute little bear card for you all!

Love you guys and I want to THANK YOU :heart:ALL for sticking with me and encouraging me
when everything went caput!!! :bugeyed:
:* and Hugs to everyone!
tarotlyn

MoonGypsy

Oh i am so glad that things are looking up, sweetie! :D i will continue to send you Positive thoughts, my dear sister!:love: Looking forward to the next bear...:heart:

Much Love and Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx

tarotlyn

KNIGHT OF WANDS...he is here!!! finally! LOL

Oh i am so glad that things are looking up, sweetie! :D i will continue to send you Positive thoughts, my dear sister!:love: Looking forward to the next bear...:heart:

Much Love and Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx

:):heart: Thanks! my :heart: Sis!!! I got your positive energy :):thumbsup: and here is:

... the illusive, dashing, daring, wandering, handsome KNIGHT OF WANDS (finally!!! :bugeyed: )

Note: I could make more changes to this computer, BUT sometimes it is better to stop before
going too far!!! (so I have no sound yet, but still working on that)...mainly just want to keep
working on this deck before xmas! I was able to use my portable hard drive and was able
to recapture even the snow I made! LOL :laugh:... and 'most' of all the implements I had made for this deck...
...and the border with my little heart (right bottom corner on each card) :party:

Without further ado:
:heart: BEAR HUGS TO EVERYONE!
tarotlyn

Attachments

• WANDS.KNIGHT.FIINISHED.jpg
    WANDS.KNIGHT.FIINISHED.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 97

GryffinSong

I love your knight of wands!!! Great action, great flame out of his helmet, and the scale looks great too! :heart:

tarotlyn

:heart: Thanks! GryffinSong...I really was going blurry :bugeyed: the more I looked at him
...I wasn't sure about the scale...I had to cut and enlarge just the horses head...and it was
a real photo...but it just seemed too small for his body...maybe it is my software when I
shrink down the original photos...I will have to check that out.

I still have to resize the Knight of Coins...soon...

:heart: tarotlyn

I love your knight of wands!!! Great action, great flame out of his helmet, and the scale looks great too! :heart: