Picky Faeries

firefrost

That is beautiful, AJ!

I just bought the Mystic Faeries...should I be worried...?!

Oh, damn...I'm being kicked off here again - this just is not my week for being here - had hubby at home for two days due to a factory going up in smoke closeto where he works...

Lovely thread, see you all later :)

AJ

I discovered fairy doors when I was trolling for avatars,
here are some more
Some outdoor fairy doors
http://acottageindustry.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/28/a_inspiration_fridays_198.jpg
http://www.open-sesame.com/fairydoor.jpg
http://www.uie.com/images/blog/NPR.org_FairyDoor.gif
http://www.digitalsailor.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/fairydoor.jpg
http://www.metromodemedia.com/images/Features/Issue 8/door-520.jpg
indoor
http://www.eso-garden.com/images/uploads_bilder/fairy_doors_1.jpg

I can't picture my fairys in a painted colonial style door, but I think the idea is charming, and I'm going to build a outside door this spring...
this one is a rusted tin lid with a well weathered cedar shake door, just ajar...

celticnoodle

autumnsdaughter said:
They seem so sweet when you first meet them- but hell hath no fury like a faery scorned- and especially not a whole herd of 'em!
OMG!!!! :bugeyed: Now I know why my life has been crazy of late! I haven't played with my fairies in months!!!! And............
1. Someone drove through our yard & ran over & broke the water shut off valve!
2. They ran through the yard a 2nd time.
3. My passenger side mirror broke and it's going to cost a few hundred to replace!
4. My freezer died on us AFTER we stocked it full of food!
5. A plane trip from hell home after a lovely visit with family.

gee, better run off and find those fairies and play with them!!! (running off quick to find them................................. :eek:

pippi

valeria said:
The way the told me that they didn't want the other bags we tried was that I couldn't get all the cards through the opening in the other bags, no matter how big the opening was or how tightly I held the cards together... one or two on either side would miss and start to splay outwards... just like all the comic images of trying to get a cat in a box and all 4 legs go to the sides to stop. I would just put the other cards in then the ones that were out, and during putting them in, others would come out. I don't know how long it would have gone on, but I usually gave up in frustration after about 10 minutes straight. So they stayed naked on my shelf until "we" visited the Tarot Sulis website (I was ordering an Oracle cloth bag and some other things), where we ran across the Forest Haven bag. They told me they wanted that bag because I would go to another page and leave the computer for a moment to get a deck or measure something and when I came back - the page was back on the one with the Forest Haven bag. After the third time, I figured out what was going on and ordered it for them with a gold silk lining.

What a great story, valeria!! :)

AJ said:
So since then we've had a tornado, flood, 3800.00 pickup repair bill, the ceiling is leaking, I've lost about 30% on my stocks...but I'll be darned if I'll let them out.
celticnoodle said:
I haven't played with my fairies in months!!!! And............
1. Someone drove through our yard & ran over & broke the water shut off valve!
2. They ran through the yard a 2nd time.
3. My passenger side mirror broke and it's going to cost a few hundred to replace!
4. My freezer died on us AFTER we stocked it full of food!
5. A plane trip from hell home after a lovely visit with family.

Okay you guys are making me reeeaaaally nervous about letting this deck into my home!! I just ordered it today. I actually find my purchase rather bizarre, because I have never been drawn to this deck, at all, ever. Then suddenly yesterday, I just had to have them. It's a little freaky actually. And now I come here and read about all the mayhem they cause? :bugeyed: What have I gotten myself into?!

celticnoodle

pippi said:
What a great story, valeria!! :)

Okay you guys are making me reeeaaaally nervous about letting this deck into my home!! I just ordered it today. I actually find my purchase rather bizarre, because I have never been drawn to this deck, at all, ever. Then suddenly yesterday, I just had to have them. It's a little freaky actually. And now I come here and read about all the mayhem they cause? :bugeyed: What have I gotten myself into?!
Pippi, they will also bring you great fun, and much luck too! but unfortunately, they can be jealous lil' things, so when they call to you, make sure you bring them out and use them for readings. anything that goes missing, bring out these cards and ask them where the missing item is--they will help you to find it! :D they are amazing cards!

pippi

celticnoodle said:
Pippi, they will also bring you great fun, and much luck too! but unfortunately, they can be jealous lil' things, so when they call to you, make sure you bring them out and use them for readings.

It's funny you mentioned jealousy. As I was sitting here contemplating what they would be like, I thought of my Tarot of the Magical Forest, my favorite deck. This deck comes alive to me, and I love the little creatures in it so much. I had this strange feeling that the Faeries might be jealous, and was wondering how I would handle that. I couldn't deal with things flying off the shelves when I'm lovin' on my Magical Forest critters! ...so just how jealous are these faeries? LOL

I did get this feeling that the faeries would bring me luck and magic when I got the sudden bizarre calling to buy the deck. I guess we'll just have to see... :)

When you say "so when they call to you, make sure you bring them out and use them for readings", do you mean the feeling you get when you want to use a certain deck, or is this deck distinctly different? Are there really physical signs that they'll provide you with? Ya know, maybe a little more subtle than the tornadoes and floods AJ got.

celticnoodle

pippi said:
It's funny you mentioned jealousy. As I was sitting here contemplating what they would be like, I thought of my Tarot of the Magical Forest, my favorite deck. This deck comes alive to me, and I love the little creatures in it so much. I had this strange feeling that the Faeries might be jealous, and was wondering how I would handle that. I couldn't deal with things flying off the shelves when I'm lovin' on my Magical Forest critters! ...so just how jealous are these faeries? LOL
ah well, I actually have other oracles with fairies and they all seem to get along well. it wasn't really until i purchased this deck though that i noticed 'things' happening. such as losing something dear to me, when I 'KNEW' I had last put it on a specific table. (where this deck happened to also be lurking). finally asked them to help me find it and viola! it was found. As for the jealousy, it seems to only happen when they are sitting at the table where I usually do my readings. If I'm using another deck, (and sometimes I can have up to five decks on this table and books too), I can 'feel' something inside saying "What about the faerie deck"? "Why don't you use the faerie deck?" I may even have to move books and other decks around to see if the faerie deck is there-and it always is when this feeling comes over me. So, I think that is the jealousy in them. I began after awhile incorporating them into my tarot readings, and feel I should do that again. I'd do a tarot reading for someone, and then afterwards, bring out this deck and ask them to give specific advice for my client regarding the issue at hand. Eerily, they ALWAYS seemed to come up with the best advice, in my opinion and the querents also! It is just funny how they seem to 'know' what to tell you.

pippi said:
I did get this feeling that the faeries would bring me luck and magic when I got the sudden bizarre calling to buy the deck. I guess we'll just have to see... :)
yes, I feel they can be lucky too. I often use this deck to help me when I need guidance and help. they always come through with the right answer, it seems. I also feel that when I use them, everything seems to be going very well for me. I hadn't used them for months again, and since the time I stopped using them, I had MANY expensive and terrible hardships occur. might just be life-but it's funny how when I use the deck, things seem to go well. I really don't want to think of a deck being 'alive',but this one more so then any of the others I own truly seem to be. I've never given up a deck or traded one that I've used to anyone, but this is definately one I wouldn't even consider giving to anyone. They are 'special'. Not my favorite deck, truly, as I have 3 tarot decks that I would describe as my favorites, but this deck is special in it's own way.

pippi said:
When you say "so when they call to you, make sure you bring them out and use them for readings", do you mean the feeling you get when you want to use a certain deck, or is this deck distinctly different? Are there really physical signs that they'll provide you with? Ya know, maybe a little more subtle than the tornadoes and floods AJ got.
Yes, pretty much like any other deck, however, it seems stronger. Every tarot reader will have readings that don't seem to make much sense at one time or another. I don't recall EVER having this happen with this fairie deck however. Another oddity, that it ALWAYS gives a great answer! It just truly seems to come alive in each card. I just can't explain it, but this deck is truly special, I think. Just something about it.

If you got that sense about this deck, then I would highly reccommend purchasing it--it was obviously calling to you. I also had this happen to me for a crystal ball I purchased for my mother. I was shopping in a mall and I swear it was as if it just called out to me. never expected to find one in a mall to begin with, but I literally walked right over to it and knew I had to purchase it for my mother. It still seems to speak to me whenever I visit her, and it speaks to her as well. Seems to really make us very happy when we are with it and giving it attention. Just like this faerie deck. (Maybe we should put the two together! :laugh:)

One other 'oddity' that happened to me since purchasing this deck, was that I had a psychic drawing reading done for me, by someone who did this via mail. So, I was not present at the time with her. She did the drawing and sent it to me. I received it maybe 2 wks. after the reading was done. This psychic didn't know me at all. When I got the picture, it was amazing! so accurate! and, one of the 'characters' she had on this drawing, was very obviously a person who had come into our lives and was doing nothing but causing trouble. it was drawn JUST like card #62, "The Glanconer". very eery, especially since this woman was definately like the Glanconer reversed-always pretending to be someone she's not, (and she still does, unfortunately!). Wierd, huh? again, like this deck has intervened into my life.

just be aware of things when you purchase the deck. see for yourself. my bet is that this deck will begin to really speak to you like no other deck has yet.

pippi

Thanks for sharing your experiences celticnoodle, I thoroughly enjoyed your post! :) I bought the deck yesterday, before posting here...I couldn't ignore such a sudden calling to a deck that I had never been interested in before. I somehow knew there was a reason for it.

Oh, you totally should see what happens if you get the crystal ball together with the faeries. ...And if you do, I hope you'll share what happens with us here!! :)

AJ

Pippi, I'd highly recommend taking part in the fairy circle reading group a couple of times. Intuitively reading these faces and postures in relation to a spread and question is good reading growth exercises.

pippi

Thanks AJ! I'm sure I'll end up there after I get to know the faeries a little bit. Hopefully they'll arrive sometime next week!