Sabian Symbols Study Group: Gemini 13 - #73

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: GEMINI
Degree: 13
Number: 73

Symbol:A WORLD FAMOUS PIANIST GIVING A CONCERT PERFORMANCE.

Simone

Ah, but what are his motives?

Is it to stroke his ego by seeking approval and applause?

Or is it simply because he loves playing the piano?

He certainly became famous because he loved what he was doing and he was doing it well. Has he maintained this - or has fame corrupted his being?

(brb, getting another cup of coffee while mulling htis over...)

[...]

back...

and as so often, the audience. It is not really mentioned here, but what is the motivation of the audience? Do they come because he's famous, because of the name, or do they come because they like his music? Or maybe both...

Then, my thoughts wander back to the pianist - does he use the name he has to attract the crowds? Or is he still plainly just loving what he does?

Somehow, this symbol keeps making me ask about motives, so that what I would ask if I pulled the symbol: what are your motives for doing this?

MCsea

Interesting Simone, motives... hmmm - I see that.

When I pull this symbol I look to see what natural talents are at hand, and I also take particular attention to any SOUNDS that are made when I pull the card OR that pertain to the question...
Yes the Audience, I have this as one of my personal natal symbols - an asteroid, yes I play dam good pianno but I suffer HORRID stage fright ARGH!
so yea stage fright comes here for me...
Music - where music can transport us, what does it open in our mind... why do we have music - chants, modern, classical...

Dr Jones - Key Word Achievement

Jane Rider- patrick Pulmonary veins

Element Cinnabar
Discussion Cinnabar, the common ore of mercury - mercury - communication - listen - pianno - music....
Cinnabar was mined by the Roman Empire for its mercury content and it has been the main ore of mercury throughout the centuries. Some mines used by the Romans are still being mined today.
It is an alchemical ore - mercury... I feel in the same way music is transformative.

MARINA

tink27

Musicians have been in my family for years! My grandfather played for the Winnipeg Symphony, my father was a pianist and so is my son. I’ve played the piano and clarinet but never displayed theses abilities. But they all worked long and hard to what they wanted to accomplish.

Songs are everything my dad would say, you just have to tune in, let yourself be taken over by it, you’re no longer a human body but an instrument in tune with the immense waves of the cosmos.

Have you ever watched a world famous pianist’s expression as the patterns of his music climb, shift, twirl and pass away? Hi facial expressions move from a smile to an air of superiority, which seems to the viewer unguarded and spontaneous. From here a tender feeling seems to almost pass over their face, a long note held and then released to another expression of anger then sadness, and deep despair, Does a tear linger here.

The audience appears as if under a spell – with eyes closed they sink deep in the music swaying their bodies around and around, as the music flows from sanity to madness and madness to sanity. Its sounds, low and deep and then with an insatiable hunger soars and then to a whisper fades gently its essence lingers flows and circulates freely about the room.

The world of music never runs out of new combinations of notes and sounds. A famous concert pianist has struck his true note and this note attracts him to others and others towards him.

It takes a long time to be recognized as someone ‘famous’ – it requires a lot of hard work, a little creativity, invention, playfulness and imagination. But most of all it has to do with understanding what our capabilities are and not waiting for permission or approval from others in order to use it.

A famous concert pianist, on the positive side, respects everyone and becomes empowered by making contact with his peers and his audience. He does not seek glamour or applause for his own sake. His goal, his creative urge is to empower others.

In the negative we can become obsessed with money and worldly power. We’ve turned a blind eye to the spiritual side of life – and if power and greed are the case, this famous pianist won’t be around for very long. If the people can’t feel his music, they won’t listen to what is seemingly empty.

tink

tink27

Thinking on this symbol, I wanted to share more thoughts on this beautiful symbol. Creativity is just about being artistic or making something beautiful, it's about living creatively of playing with what inspires us, of not being afraid to take risks, of believing in magic and always looking at the world as a sense of wonder.

Thinking of Father's Day tomorrow, I realize how much I truly miss my dad! When he was upset, angry, he would churn its energy into creative action by pounding on the piano. It seemed to awaken an energy in him from something at that time he had felt separated from. Instead of turning his anger and frustration inward he had learned how to release a dead-end situation an imbalance in his life by expressing it passionately and creatively.

Pulmonary veins

Our blood ciruclates in a double circuit, one called pulmonary (supplying only the lungs) and the other systemic. In the pulmonary circuit, as the right ventricle of the heart contracts, blood is forced into the pulmonary artery and then transported to the lungs, where it unites with oxygen and gives off carbon dioxide. It is then carried back in the pulmonary veins to the left atrium (upper chamber of the heart)

(As the blood eneters the aorta from the heart, it starts a pressure wave along the arteries. This wave is the pulse; it travels much faster than the blood and arives at the wrist in about a tenth of a second!)

When we are connected to All Life, it flows through our blood vessels permeating into every cell and organ in our bodies. Our whole body glows with the light of love and gives off luminous quality that touches everything and everyone. Our bodies are filled with a kalidoscope of colors.

The medulla oblongata was discussed in the Sabian symbol Taurus. Nerve impulses reach the heart from the medulla. If there is a emotional or phyical blockage that impedes the flow of blood to the heartwall, it upsets the rhythm of this muscle and it cannot work as well as it should and in turn suppresses our creative nature.

tink

MCsea

Tink - thank you for your beautiful insight into this symbol, have you observed this sybmol in your families astrology at all?

http://sabiansymbols.astrologyweekly.com/ gives you the list of sabian symbols, it would be cool if they popped up somewhere!

I think I need to re-assess this sybmols potential in my life - the creativity side, not just the stage fright side ;)

I really get alot out of these discussions....

Marina

Lynda

This degree is my daughter's Venus degree. At the age of about 5 she asked if she could learn to play the piano. I'd always wanted to learn but my mum put the lid on that as we couldn't afford it. When Jess started piano lessons, I had no conscious knowledge of the Sabian Symbols and, obviously, didn't know her Venus degree was the World Famous Pianist degree.

Jess is now 23 - she has been into the piano ever since she started playing. She's unlikely to ever been 'famous' for playing the piano, but she has done her exams at the Conservatorium of Music here in Sydney. She also sings in a very raunchy and perfectly wonderful way... her favourite style being the blues. She belts out a song and people are always a bit amazed. She sings with a band (all of whom are far older than her, it's a bit amusing to me that I used to dance to these guys before I was pregnant with Jess).

She's also done acting and has been in soaps and plays here in Australia.

She may not attain the status of 'fame', but she is undoubtedly talented and she is in natural at all forms of music, performing and also dancing.

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda

tink27

Thank you for your kind words Marina! I tried the astrology weekly thread, for some reason it said 'could not open stream'. I'll try it again later.

In the meantime, I looked at my own astrology program for my dad, my son and me. If it is correct (some are a little off) my father's chart has no planets in Gemini; my son does have Gemini 19:25; then I looked at mine! Gemini 11:18 - oh my gosh and it makes perfect sense!

To give you a sense of what this symbol is telling me: Whenever I've been harshly criticized through another’s bitter rage – I've felt powerless, at a loss for words. It's as if I lost my voice and my ability to speak up for myself!

To find myself, I started using affirmations. Shouting and or whispering them they stirred up my feelings and emotions – my voice my insides struggled for self-possession! Wow!

Getting back to your question Marina, this symbol hasn't shown up for the creative people in my life who possess this talent. But it was with all my heart that I felt its strength- and how I felt it actually bewildered me! There were tears in my eyes as I was writing it - there are tears in my eyes as I am expressing it now. It's as if I am holding hands with my father right now and together listening to the music he so loved.

Happy Father's Day Dad.

tink

Lynda

Hi Tink
I was moved by your words in your post - thank you, so lovely, to be thinking of your father... it made me stop and think about my father, thanks :)

Tink, you say you have a planet at 11+ Gemini? What planet is it? And without wanting to get too technical about astrology here, I should point out that when you were relatively young whatever planet you had at 11+ Gemini would have progressed over this and these subsequent degrees. What I'm saying is that we learn the lessons of subsequent degrees of all the planets in our chart... I hope I'm making sense! Of course, I may have misunderstood and you may understand this side of astrology,Tink !

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda

tink27

Lynda said:
Hi Tink
I was moved by your words in your post - thank you, so lovely, to be thinking of your father... it made me stop and think about my father, thanks :)

Tink, you say you have a planet at 11+ Gemini? What planet is it? And without wanting to get too technical about astrology here, I should point out that when you were relatively young whatever planet you had at 11+ Gemini would have progressed over this and these subsequent degrees. What I'm saying is that we learn the lessons of subsequent degrees of all the planets in our chart... I hope I'm making sense! Of course, I may have misunderstood and you may understand this side of astrology,Tink !

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda

Hi Lynda,

It's great to see that this beautiful symbol dances its energy with your daughter. Wow! What a beautiful energy!

In regards to Gemini 11+ it sits with the planet Jupiter.

Thank you!

tink