Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 12 - #132

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 12
Number: 132

Symbol: AN EVENING GARDEN PARTY OF ADULTS.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 223

tink27

Ohh purple_scorp your image of this evening party looks to be a picture of wealth and success. Oh and definitely a lot of sophistication. I’ve never been to a party of this stature and probably never will. I just wouldn’t know how to talk with these stately people. It’s kind of like the titanic, where they separated the rich people from the poor!! I’m definitely on the lower level….as far as money goes! Who I am though, is not categorized by what I make.....ah but a little more money would definitely allow more flexibility in my life.

I think this symbol isn’t about wealth as far as money goes, it’s about sharing, generously letting go and giving with an open heart, without any expectations or strings attached.

How do we attract abundance in our lives? By reflecting the wealth you possess (abundance) and giving (expanding) of your Self. In other words, contributing to life!

That which is given is said to return a thousand-fold. All we need, is a firm foundation under our feet and an inner sense of purpose in our heart. If we try to plan it without purpose, it could result in us losing and expending a lot of our own energy.

I think what mooncat2 said, in Leo 10, relates so well with this symbol too.

mooncat2 said:
A lovely symbol to pause and reflect on in these next days as we await the rising sun of the New Year. What new creative ideas will sparkle in the morning light........how will we nurture this shining potential so it will flower in it's full beauty.

I'm reminded of the Yoga sequence 'Salute to the Sun'.................maybe to take a moment to recognise and pay homage to all we've achieved in this last year.

Tonight, many of us will bring in the new year with friends and family. In many parts of the world, someone has planned and graciously given their home as a place of celebrating the new. And as we join together, we may find links and patterns and clues that could lead and point the way to the secret of our success in 2007!!! Hmm, each of us turning this event around for our own benefit??

But, before we can move ahead, we need to let go emotionally, mentally,
and even physically, from things in our lives that no longer serve a purpose. It's a time of integrating our past with the present, for the potential of our future.

Thanks mooncat2, reflecting and letting go makes us feel so much lighter. Ohh and my son’s symbol for his Sun sign is Leo 15. I’ll be very interested in your views and others on this.

Happy New Year!

tink :love:

mooncat2

HAPPY NEW YEAR! TO EVERYONE :party::party:

Ohh purple_scorp your image of this evening party looks to be a picture of wealth and success. Oh and definitely a lot of sophistication. I’ve never been to a party of this stature and probably never will. I just wouldn’t know how to talk with these stately people. It’s kind of like the titanic, where they separated the rich people from the poor!! I’m definitely on the lower level….as far as money goes! Who I am though, is not categorized by what I make.....ah but a little more money would definitely allow more flexibility in my life.
Oh my...:D.........the Leo "I am the best".........showing off what he has, needing to be recognised.
Way out of my league, too and to be honest not a place I'd want to be.......although a caterer would be nice at times. :( I bet those on the lower decks had more real fun and laughter together than those above . All a bit stiff and pretentious .........quite fun visualising this.......I keep seeing large signs saying 'No dogs or children allowed"
Just as well I don't move in those circles...........I'm uncomfortable with people I don't know well, a disaster at social chitchat .......probably drop my pearls in the caviar.

I think everyone will see this symbol in a different way depending on their circumstances. It's about grownups enjoying each other's company........the day's work over .......getting together to relax and have fun.
In the years when you're busy raising children these times can be rare and it's a special treat to dress up and go out for the evening minus the kids.
I think this symbol isn’t about wealth as far as money goes, it’s about sharing, generously letting go and giving with an open heart, without any expectations or strings attached.
For you, it isn't ............nor for me but it could be for some people. It makes you think about what sort of adult gatherings you value most and why. I agree.........an open door, a generous heart.........a willingness to share what you have with others is all that is needed. Simple, heartfelt hospitality.
Emotional insecurity can challenge the best of intentions........the fear of not being good enough or living up to expectations.........taking away that Leo confidence .........being afraid to open the door too wide. That's been something I've had to overcome through the years.........fortunately I've had a hubby who keeps the door wide open to teach me. :D

A party on the last evening of the old year............like Christmas it is a tradition and one that brings people together. We need these occasions for without them in todays busy world time would just slip by and we'd be too busy to make the effort.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve!

:love:

purple_scorp

Hey tink and mooncat.

I had another, deeper look at my photo and I can see a man in a chef's hat (which indicates that the function has been catered for) but other than that....the people look very ordinary to me. I mean, what if the man in the chef's hat isn't the caterer and it's his birthday instead? And he put on a silly hat to celebrate? The people (crowd) don't look that dressed up to me. In fact, I think the party looks like it's lacking a bit of vitality. If I was there, I would be sliding down that banister and stirring up a bit of hoo-ha on that big, area at the bottom of the stairs. Seems like a good place to dance to me.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Leo 12
Birthdays: August 3rd–5th
Numerology: 132
Sabian Symbol: An evening lawn party
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Companionship
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Vertebral column
Crystal Element: Richterite
Expression: Richterite belongs to the amphibole group of minerals. Richterite enhances inter personal communication skills, and channels druid energy.
Sun Focus: Relaxing with friends, entertaining groups, and networking rejuvenate you.
Affirmation: I have wonderful friendships, and happy memories.