Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 11 - #161

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 11
Number: 161

Symbol: A BOY MOLDED IN HIS MOTHERS ASPIRATIONS FOR HIM.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 160.jpg
    160.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 305

tink27

As always purple_scorp, your image is very connected to this symbol and helps us all to see it more clearly. We are all born from our mothers and as a child we will tend to see the world as we have observed our parents viewing it. Especially our moms, since we’re with them nearly 24/7. And for a time her truths become our truths. She teaches us about devotion, loyalty and dependability (to her). And if we learned our lessons well, we would and will always be devoted to her.

Our most crucial part of our journey and existence on this earth is to separate from mother’s dependency and not only discover our unique individuality but also reclaim our power and learn how to use its incredible force and magic to create in this life time.

From the works of Rumi….
. "My mother the beast, was what caused me my shame
But when I saw the great quality in what it possessed
I was able to set it free instead of hiding and denying it
I had to constantly keep her locked up under lock and key

What happened between us and our moms will shape and influence all our relationships to come. After all, she was the first love of our life.

tink :love:

MCsea

purple_scorp your picture bought tears to my eyes
this is one symbol I am so unforgiving with - till now, I always - well usually say in my own mind - that nasty mother making her son be what SHE wants... ha.. I let that go now......
thank you

MCsea

Virgo 11
Birthdays: September 2nd–4th
Numerology: 161
Sabian Symbol: A boy moulded by his mother's aspiration for him
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Exaction
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Falciform
Crystal Element: Cluster Quartz Crystal
Expression: Cluster Crystals are prismatic, pyramidal-terminated quartz crystals. Cluster Quartz Crystals promote a clear and honest belief system, and connection with spirit guides.
Sun Focus: You pay careful attention to detail, giving you authority and wisdom to manage specific tasks and situations.
Affirmation: I have a cherished desire for all to go well today.

purple_scorp

As a single parent, the mother of both a girl and a boy, I am always really mindful of the moulding I do of my children (particularly the boy). I just finished reading Biddulph's "Raising Boys" and found it very interesting that something as simple as rough and tumble play can be so important in a boy's life. And, it has to be the play-fighting with men, a mother won't be able to fill this role, no matter how physical/active she may be.

I see the martyr in this woman! I see the dominance and dictatorship! This symbol is close to my heart right now as my partner is in a custody battle with his ex-wife.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp said:
As a single parent, the mother of both a girl and a boy, I am always really mindful of the moulding I do of my children (particularly the boy). I just finished reading Biddulph's "Raising Boys" and found it very interesting that something as simple as rough and tumble play can be so important in a boy's life. And, it has to be the play-fighting with men, a mother won't be able to fill this role, no matter how physical/active she may be.

I see the martyr in this woman! I see the dominance and dictatorship! This symbol is close to my heart right now as my partner is in a custody battle with his ex-wife.

with love
purple_scorp

Guardian andgel prayers for you and your partner!
this is a potent symbol and I feel much much more connected to it today than ever...