Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack

ruski_svet

I was ogling this at a Barnes and Noble. I want to pick it up when I start earning some money...and can use my friend's employee discount haha!

Gazel

I've now read about three chapters - Fool, Magician and Hermit plus a bit of the High Priestess.

I think it is a very wonderful book. A good, well written follow up to 78 degrees and her other books. It has a lot of details - but not too many, you are not drowned: not all the correspondences and so on are selected for all the cards - only the most relevant.

It is interesting and exciting and I think a good reference tool also. Thats is: don't bring it to the reading table (don't bring any books to the reading table) - but go consult it if you want background information for any particular card.

I do not regret buying this book and it is hereby recommended - both for beginners and more experienced - I guess.
Since I - for my part as a tarot devotee - am not a beginner - but as for reading for others - I certainly am.

Grizabella

There are such wonderful tidbits of knowledge in the book, like in the section where she was writing about divination being primarily a woman's realm and she mentioned the runecasters who wore cat fur capes and gloves. I love things like that. It's not just a bunch of dry history, which always bores me to death. Even when I was young and all my brain cells worked, I couldn't remember historical facts.

I'd love to try Forest of Souls again now that I know more about Tarot. I tried that one when I knew zilch about Tarot and I just didn't get it, but the bookstore I went to didn't have much to offer besides that one, so I got it.

Sheri

Fantastic book! :thumbsup:

I truly believe that Rachel Pollack has built a Tarot Compendium. There is so much in it! And it is all such an easy-going read... like having a conversation.

I especially love the fact she includes a Marseilles deck in the group she uses, and that she spends a lot (57 pages) on the Courts.

I don't really keep many Tarot books, but this one is a must have.

:love: valeria

KarlThomas

Just dipping into it, but I really liked her story of the day teaching the Fool, and walking across 5 lanes of traffic after.

lark

Picked this up this weekend at Borders with a 40% off coupon...I'm really enjoying it...valeria I so agree her court card chapters are really excellent.
I think it's a keeper too. :)

rwcarter

I was gifted this book yesterday by an ATer. I need to move it from the night stand though cause reading before I go to sleep means I read one page and then I reread the same paragraphs on the next page over and over before I
give up! :laugh:

Rodney

Jyscal

I know this will have to be my next book buy. Ive ordered Rachel's 78 degrees of wisdom(arriving in two weeks), and the only other two i have are the fully illustrated guide by Rachel Pollack and A.E Waite's Pictorial Key. But thanks for telling us of this one!

PAMUYA

I got the book last week with a gift card that I had forgotten about. I am almost through it. I really like the book, taking in what makes sense, tossing aside what dose not. Love the history in the book, learning a lot of basics due do my lack of religious upbringing.

KarlThomas

Her ideas for spreads on the individual cards themselves are good guides. I had an uncanny spread/happening regarding a repeating 8 swords and the Magician. Most helpful!