Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack

rwcarter

In my case, it's reading in bed. I like the writing style of this book.

Lilija

Thanks to you guys, on this thread, I bought the book. Now I'm stalking my mailman. Poor guy.

I have a tough time reading anything demanding or scholarly in bed. I get maybe a page in, even if I don't feel tired, and conk out. I do better with novels, and "bedtime stories".

I'll be reading this one on my couch, haha.

Grizabella

Yeah, for me it's leaving the book till the last thing in my day. The original intention was that I'd have plenty of peace and quiet to be able to enjoy the book because trying to read any other time of day is like sitting in the middle of the freeway but instead, I'm so tired and sleepy by the time I go to bed that just about anything puts me right to sleep.

sapienza

Thanks for the feedback. I am considering getting myself a copy, but just want to finish off reading some of the book I already have first. Actually, just in this last week I'm sort of thinking of re-reading 78 Degrees. It's so long since I first read it that I don't even remember anything about it.

KarlThomas

Grizabella said:
like sitting in the middle of the freeway

Poetry prize, Griz!

Loved that.

Sophos

I would like to ask if someone recognizes to what tarot deck belongs the cards on the front-cover of “The tarot Wisdom” latest book from Rachael Pollack, please ( Distracted I did a new thread with this question on the "tarot decks" threads theme, I appolagize for the duplication)
:) S

lark

Sophos said:
I would like to ask if someone recognizes to what tarot deck belongs the cards on the front-cover of “The tarot Wisdom” latest book from Rachael Pollack, please ( Distracted I did a new thread with this question on the "tarot decks" threads theme, I appolagize for the duplication)
:) S
it's the Ancient Italian by Lo Scarabeo
But your question might have already been answered in the other thread.

Lilija

One thing I'm really loving about this book is the card oriented readings at the end of the chapters. I've decided to do one card-theme a day, on anyone that will sit for it. Today, I did a Fool reading for my son (who is really, deeply and truly the high spirited, lighthearted Fool, tripping through life) and it was pretty amazing. It gets the brain flowing around the many different facets of each card. Like, how they apply to people, how they apply to yourself. The readings, for each card, take the meanings off paper, and apply them across life.

Greg Stanton

My only issue with the book is the format. Books this size should be published in hardcover. There's no way this will survive more than a couple of readings.

Grizabella

Greg Stanton said:
My only issue with the book is the format. Books this size should be published in hardcover. There's no way this will survive more than a couple of readings.

Nah! I take such good care of my books that they stay looking like new through a lot of use! You just have to be really careful where you lay them down, what you use for bookmarks, not to lay them face down with the pages open, not to push down on them trying to make them lie flat when open----such things as that. You can keep them looking like new if you just take a little care of them. Put them back in your bookcase when you're done with them. It really doesn't inconvenience you if you get into the habit. Above all, don't bend the corners of pages to mark them and don't write in them, either!