Golden Tarot of Tsar - Lo Scarabeo

Freddie

I have began using this deck with sitters and despite my misgivings, it has been wonderful. I thought for sure that a sitter would freak out when handed this deck and I could not have more off the mark with my negative attitude. I guess we just never know until we try something out.

Freddie

Falling_Star

This deck is beautiful in person. I don't really use it too often - more likely I get this deck out every once in a while to sit back, sift through and just take in the wonderful artwork!

Freddie

This one fits well into the Christmas season with it colouring and gold bling. I found that because I am into Christian Mysticism that this deck is just too narrow a channel for me to use a lot with sitters. The images are just too close to my heart if that makes any sense, in other words, I find it hard to be freely intuitive with them. The readings I did with this deck were fab, but I just didn't feel right about it. I do use them for myself and if I was asked to use them for a sitter I would, but not as a regular reading deck.

I have had to learn that just because a themed deck fits your lifestyle, ethic background, gender/sexuality or taste in art/books that this does not mean the deck will 'click' with you. Maybe it is better to use a deck that has some mystery or something about it that doesn't reflect an everyday aspect of your life.

I do love this deck though and will always pull it out now and then.

Blessings to all,

Freddie

tarotbear

I like the 'look' of this deck more than the 'Tarot of St. Petersburg' - everything in that deck is against a black background (like a lacquered box) and it's hard to see a sun shining in the middle of black! This deck with it's excess of gold seems like a 'more easy' read.

Le Fanu

I like the 'look' of this deck more than the 'Tarot of St. Petersburg' - everything in that deck is against a black background (like a lacquered box) and it's hard to see a sun shining in the middle of black! This deck with it's excess of gold seems like a 'more easy' read.
Yes, but the courts. Not easy at all. I love this deck and read with it, but the courts are more Russian ikon-ish than the other cards. I suffer a little when courts come up. I try though....

Dan S

would this be a good deck to trim? not crazy about the border

Freddie

I am still using this deck a lot, but I must admit it has taken me awhile to come to peace with the images. I am a practicioner of Christian Mysticism, so it seems like a perfect match, but the deck did not really bloom for me until I delved deeper into Gnostic literature. I have studied subjects the Talmud, Kabbalah (Christian and Jewish), Zohar, Cathar, Christian Astrology, Mary Magdalene, St Theresa The Little Flower, St. Jude, James the brother of Jesus, Angel G. Davidson dictionary..... Meditations on the Tarot etc..................................... Hard work, no doubt, but the rewards have been golden and rich just like this deck. Maybe this deck has helped me feel more at ease with my Gnostic Christian faith? Tarot can do that, I think.

Maybe there is something to be said for sticking with a deck that one is struggling with, whilst at the same time feels very attracted to. Are some of us all are giving up to easily on packs that could serve us well with a little elbow grease and brain power? I think that could be measured on if the user feels the deck is quality enough to justify the study and headache of it all.

Don't give up if you really love a deck as you never know where it can lead you!!!! You may well attain that '6 of Wands' feeling in the end, but you got to keep on working for it.

Many Blessings,

Freddie

Attachments

• Wands06.jpg
    Wands06.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Major19  sunday.jpg
    Major19 sunday.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 109

potet

familiarity with imagery

One has to be familiar with that period in history and its religious icons. If one is not familiar with the saints and religious scenes as portrayed on each card, one will not know what story is being told and thus interpretation of the card becomes difficult. Some of the scenes will be very familiar, but someone who is not familiar with a lot of these particular archetypes will have trouble reading these cards.

[...]

I think without using the LWB it could be hard to read. With the LWB I think it is a readable deck. :)

missy, this is so true. i love and feel so attracted to this deck's beauty, but have no idea what stories are being told with the exception of just a few cards. saints in particular are a total mystery to me. even the LWB gives me a bit of a headache, but i hold onto it because i need it for reference.

i am wondering if anyone has any good resource suggestions (books, sites, podcasts, whatever) that might help introduce me to these images in an approachable way? orthodox symbolism, stories of saints, etc. i'd love to start using this deck more.

karen0205

missy, this is so true. i love and feel so attracted to this deck's beauty, but have no idea what stories are being told with the exception of just a few cards. saints in particular are a total mystery to me. even the LWB gives me a bit of a headache, but i hold onto it because i need it for reference.

i am wondering if anyone has any good resource suggestions (books, sites, podcasts, whatever) that might help introduce me to these images in an approachable way? orthodox symbolism, stories of saints, etc. i'd love to start using this deck more.

Here is a good resource: http://www.catholic.org/saints/

The saints are organized by name so it's easy to find them.

http://www.heritage-history.com/?c=read&author=wolff&book=martyrs&story=_front

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/Saints/byname.aspx